Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Technika Televisions

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I thought Technika was Tesco's own brand. I have had several around the house an although good looking and good picture I have had problems with all.

Samsung is my main TV and I would never steer off from the main brands for the big one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the Richer Sounds website you can sign up to receive e-mails and become a VIP member. VIP membership means that they will sometimes give you an extra discount on the store advertised price on certain products.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Before buying have a look at the picture quality. Ask to see it working on digital tv (freeview) rather than their own HDMI feed as well. Also watch a minority channel rather than BBC and not an HD channel. Then compare the picture with a branded tv of about £50 to £150 more.
Yes Technica are Tesco own brand.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I had a budget of £500-£600 for a TV, I was going to get a Samsung 42 inch, would like smart but not fussed about 3D.
Turns out that Mrs Chopper has spent more of our hard earned than I thought, so, after a severe reprimand I noticed that Tescos are selling Technika 40 inch TV,s for £238 (£100 off) picture seemed ok in the store.
Has anyone purchased one?
Any good (for the price)
Am I wasting my money?
I had a Technika LCD TV (24") which worked OK for about two years (although the screen always seemed to have a slightly pink tinge to it) before it just stopped working completely. I wouldn't bother tbh.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Shite !!!
Went there two years ago with one of these went wrong
after three weeks !! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE MATE !!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
stay with the recognised brands and go for a slightly smaller size. 40"+ TV sizes are often larger than necessary for the room anyway.
Wot you gay or sumfink.

Work out the biggest sized TV you can get for the room.
Add 4 inches and bingo that's the TV for you, jobs a good'un.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Not sure why I'm the only one but I have had 2 technika tv's now and no problems as all, we only changed the first one as we wanted a slightly bigger one.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Looked at that 40 inch Samsung on Saturday but bought a Panasonic 42 inch instead. Same price but bit bigger better refresh rate and richer colours.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
42 inch Panasonic for the big one and Toshiba in the bedroom which replaced a Technika that had 'gone wrong'.We were recommended to spend more next time by our friendly tv repair man..........hence the Toshiba.

I have a Technika jobby, it's shit. Every time you turn the thing on it takes about 10 minutes to warm up, all you get until it's warm is a screen full of pinky/green colours.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've got a 3D Technica from Tesco. The insides are Samsung parts and the outer shell is el-cheapo.
It's been working fine for me, however next time I wouldn't bother with 3D as we barely use it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thanks all, general consensus is stay well clear. The good old Sony Trinitron will have to hold on for a few more months ( its been great, but the picture's gone green)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here