Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Tech question ITV X on your Sky platform?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I had that problem initially ..and very frustrating ….older smart tv ..managed to update the app (maybe downloaded the new one) and seems fine now …I have also bought a FIRESTICK at a discounted price which seems to make a lot of things easier
TV's not that old, bought it in 2020.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Quite, they keep advertising all these quality dramas, including the Burgess Philby and McClean one, and I can’t get it on my TV, and they call it technology 😂
The ITVX app is on Sky Glass and due on Sky Q “soon”. (according to Sky) The NSC equivalent / digital TV forums have been sharing rumours about its impending arrival for a couple of months.

Agreed - can also recommend Nolly - but would have preferred to have watched that via my Sky set up (I pay enough ! )

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The ITVX app is on Sky Glass and due on Sky Q “soon”. (according to Sky) The NSC equivalent / digital TV forums have been sharing rumours about its impending arrival for a couple of months.

Agreed - can also recommend Nolly - but would have preferred to have watched that via my Sky set up (I pay enough ! )
Very sad how they treated her, she was an icon.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite, they keep advertising all these quality dramas, including the Burgess Philby and McClean one, and I can’t get it on my TV, and they call it
Incredible they advertise this channel, without actually saying half of you have no way of getting it!

Wasted a lot of time searching for something that isn’t there yet basically.
Download the app on to your phone then cast it on to your tv. Works for live tv or catch up. Basically you don’t need the app on your tv.
‘A Spy among Friends’ is excellent btw. Enjoy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
@Lenny Rider - ITVX app is now on SKy Q . Popped up this morning.
I don’t use any of the apps on Sky Q as the picture quality is so much better using the native apps on the TV itself.

For example 4k Netflix via the native app blows the alleged 4k Sky Q experience out of the water.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don’t think so. Seems to have everything on the old ITV Hub plus live tv which you didn’t previously get. It’s now an equivalent to BBC iplayer although with less decent content because it’s still ITV. Occasional good dramas and live sport though.
There is a premium service on ITVX. It’s £5.99 a month or £59.99 if paid annually. It gets you full access to the ITVX library (some stuff isn’t on the free plan) you also get Britbox as well. There are no adverts when you are streaming (live TV will still have ad breaks). You can also download to phone and tablets to watch on the go which isn’t available on the free service.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is a premium service on ITVX. It’s £5.99 a month or £59.99 if paid annually. It gets you full access to the ITVX library (some stuff isn’t on the free plan) you also get Britbox as well. There are no adverts when you are streaming (live TV will still have ad breaks). You can also download to phone and tablets to watch on the go which isn’t available on the free service.
Fair enough. Nothing in that I would pay for tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here