Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#TeamWard

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Im astounded to see some on here blaming Ward for being some sort of traitor mercenary. We could have got this deal over the line weeks ago for a low six figure sum, compared to the £15m+ transfer income we have received, yet its Steven Wards fault hes opted for a last minute offer probably somewhere hes been made to feel really wanted in the top division?

Our recruitment policy is a shambles and the petty haggling stops firmly ay Blooms door. I feel sorry for Burke dealing with the shat hand hes been q given.

Correct.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He had a chance of joining a (current) Premier League club and, doubtless, being paid a load more than what we were going to pay him. Something which people have defended Ulloa and Buckley for doing and they had contracts which (allegedly) bound them to us.

I'm not defending or condoning anything, but crucial difference is that most people will regard Ulloa and Buckley as very good bits of business for us, whereas not signing Ward will prove very bad business for us, IMHO at least (unless of course we manage to bag ourselves a quality reliable left back that gets forward really well).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't that what Adam Clayton was supposedly going to do?

Yeh supposedly. All a bit odd in both these sagas - and we looking losing both - to Boro & Burnley ffs!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love it how everyone apportions blame despite not having the first fecking idea about what actually happened

Think I just have u thumbs down instead of up - sorry! Should be sorted now but in case it pops up on your thing...

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I'm not defending or condoning anything, but crucial difference is that most people will regard Ulloa and Buckley as very good bits of business for us, whereas not signing Ward will prove very bad business for us, IMHO at least (unless of course we manage to bag ourselves a quality reliable left back that gets forward really well).

Nope both bits of business is awful because we have done nothing the money it's a joke and the club our Turning into a big joke

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
It's not done until it's done. I guess it's the cruel world of football transfers but then we don't know all the ins and outs. I am slightly gutted and frustrated that we have missed out on yet another deal so late on though. Especially as I would of put money on Ward being one of our top targets this window after a successful loan spell.

But I guess money always talks in the end eh?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nope both bits of business is awful because we have done nothing the money it's a joke and the club our Turning into a big joke

So offloading a sicknote for 2.5 million and a striker with one and a bit season of Championship football under his (English) belt for 10 (TEN) million is bad business!? Ulloa's deal was daylight robbery, we'd have been crazy to turn that money down.

You're right off course in that if we don't get a suitable replacement for Ulloa especially, which is a must really, then it wont have proved good business, but as the transfer window isn't closed yet then it certainly can't be called awful business. As it stands, it's good business.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
So offloading a sicknote for 2.5 million and a striker with one and a bit season of Championship football under his (English) belt for 10 (TEN) million is bad business!? Ulloa's deal was daylight robbery, we'd have been crazy to turn that money down.

You're right off course in that if we don't get a suitable replacement for Ulloa especially, which is a must really, then it wont have proved good business, but as the transfer window isn't closed yet then it certainly can't be called awful business. As it stands, it's good business.

It's not good business until we buy a replacement?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Im astounded to see some on here blaming Ward for being some sort of traitor mercenary. We could have got this deal over the line weeks ago for a low six figure sum, compared to the £15m+ transfer income we have received, yet its Steven Wards fault hes opted for a last minute offer probably somewhere hes been made to feel really wanted in the top division?

Our recruitment policy is a shambles and the petty haggling stops firmly ay Blooms door. I feel sorry for Burke dealing with the shat hand hes been q given.

Well, in fairness, Burnley could have got the deal done 'weeks ago'...

Not sure anyone is to blame. He got an offer to play in the Premier League, and it looks like he's going to take it. The only negative would be if he had ACTUALLY agreed, i.e. signed a contract for us and THEN decided to join Burnley. Looks like it never got that far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here