Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you hope gets promoted this season?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Championship, aside from Fulham looking like going up then Blackburn and Forest.
League 1, Sunderland, Wycombe and Ipswich.
League 2, FGR, Sutton, Newport and Harrogate.
Conference, Notts County & Torquay.

As far as the National League is concerned l'd like to see a side reach the Football League who haven't played there before, Boreham Wood perhaps?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Cambridge United. Not going to happen and they don't (currently) have either the squad or infrastructure to compete in the Championship. But I'd love them to continue their good run and grab a play-off place and even sneak a day at Wembley.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Cambridge United. Not going to happen and they don't (currently) have either the squad or infrastructure to compete in the Championship. But I'd love them to continue their good run and grab a play-off place and even sneak a day at Wembley.

This.

I was born in Cambridge, and used to go and watch them for many years, home and away. I still have several friends who are regulars. Come on you U's!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
From the Championship:
Fulham, QPR and Forest (or Coventry).

From League 1:
Rotherham, Wycombe and Plymouth.

From League 2:
FGR, Exeter, Newport and Sutton.

From National League:
Bromley and Boreham Wood.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah, Plymouth into the championship as it increases the odds of achieving my forlorn hope of an away Cup tie at the closest league side to my home

You are one of the few fans then who probably enjoyed supporting us more in our old division one and two days, when we came across both Devon sides far more regularly, Torquay for a while too.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Fulham forest and Blackburn will do nicely

All clubs where the owners have put in a fair bit to get them to where they are. Contrast that with the Derby, Reading, Coventry, BIrmingham, etc situations, with their various points deductions, ground sales, absent owners etc. (sound familiar?). Surely their fans deserve it a bit more than, say those of Fulham? I get that Fulham play nice football and is a nice day out by the river so maybe that squeezes them into the top 3!

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I would like to see Millwall as my fella is a supporter and drags me along to the Den when I'm not at the Amex :amex:

I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen this year or in my lifetime.

I'm not bothered about anyone else though.

All clubs where the owners have put in a fair bit to get them to where they are. Contrast that with the Derby, Reading, Coventry, BIrmingham, etc situations, with their various points deductions, ground sales, absent owners etc. (sound familiar?). Surely their fans deserve it a bit more than, say those of Fulham? I get that Fulham play nice football and is a nice day out by the river so maybe that squeezes them into the top 3!

Birmingham city's stadium is a mile and a half from me and it's a shambles. Really been let down by the owners and only half the stadium is open at present.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
This.

I was born in Cambridge, and used to go and watch them for many years, home and away. I still have several friends who are regulars. Come on you U's!

I don't know how old you are?

But do you remember Cambridge winning 2-0 at the Goldstone
It was the season we got promoted to the old 1st Division
And our only home defeat all season
Midweek game

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Midweek game

I remember seeing Albion draw 0-0 at Cambridge when they were top of what is now the Championship, playing the most direct route one football I have ever seen!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another vote for Worthing at the third time of asking. Would be remarkable if they could finish the job and win the title this year.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Midweek game

I remember it (quite) well. I was 16, Cambridge had just got up to the 2nd division after two successive promotions, and Brighton away was the first away game.

Incredible result.

I moved to Brighton in 1992, and always believed in following my local team, although I still went to watch The U's quite often in those days. Love for the Albion developed during the Gory Years. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here