Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams below us - Next 3 games

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Icy, I don't think they intend to be negative, they're up against top quality opposition. When the game is faster, high pressing, higher intensity the quality shines through. It is no coincidence that the teams at the top not only have the best players, they also run the furthest, have the most sprints etc.

What I am saying to you is, the players fall back to our core strength which is our defence. We are 15 points to the good and well above the relegation scrap at this point because of that. I think it should be celebrated a bit more than it is. As an ex-defender myself, I do get a lot of pleasure out of our defending, it is phenomenal at times.

I'm not one to suggest Hughton isn't without his faults, but this constant digging away that its all down to him and his tactics is frankly missing the issue of looking out at what the players are doing and realising that they need to raise it a notch.

Fair comments, I confess to not enjoying 23ish % possession every game without ever looking like we want more than a 1-0 or a 0-0 to hang onto. I’ll shut up now.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Much like the football then.

I just find CH’s comments today pretty bizarre given how we have set up away from home for one and a half seasons

Not at all. I don’t think any manager sends his team out just to defend but equally away from home, if you go too attacking in the PL you will get punished. Somehow you have to get a balance which is very hard.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'd be delighted with 4.:thumbsup: You are living in a dream world if you think we need 7 - 9 points from 2 away games and 1 at home. :mad:

I'd be happy with 4 as well from those games. That would leave us needing roughly about 20 points from the remaining 21 games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is just about mathematically impossible! :hilton:

Not once you factor in the points deduction we'll get when the 'time of first substitution' betting sting is uncovered.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be happy with 4 as well from those games. That would leave us needing roughly about 20 points from the remaining 21 games

So that'll just leave us twenty 1-1 draws to look forward too.

The gaffer would be like a dog with 2 tails at that prospect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here