Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Reading

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Friday's formation and mentality didn't work, both Reyes and Dicker in the centre of midfield were poor I thought. At home we need to play a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Brezovan

Calderon
Greer
El-Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Navarro
Vicente
LuaLua

Barnes
Mackail-Smith (Vokes)

Bench:
Vokes (Mackail-Smith)
Assulin
Dicker
Vincelot
Ankergren

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
.....................Gonzales
El-Abd. Greer. Mattock
Calderon. Navarro.
Vicente Forster-Caskey
Buckley. Vokes. Lua Lua

Last edited:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Brezovan

Mattock
El-Abd
Greer
Reyes

Navarro
Dicker
Vicente
Lua Lua

Barnes

Mackail-Smith

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
You just can't second guess Gus. Every time the teamsheet goes up i'm "eh?". Constant changes. We've done amazingly well considering he tinkers every game.

Time to go for it though. Vicente and lua lua/buckley in free roles, attack attack!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You just can't second guess Gus. Every time the teamsheet goes up i'm "eh?". Constant changes. We've done amazingly well considering he tinkers every game.

Time to go for it though. Vicente and lua lua/buckley in free roles, attack attack!

Agree with this, Gus still doesn't seem to know his best side and I think this is one of the main reasons for our inconsistency. That said, we've got nothing to loose and lots to gain so shed those defensive shackles and lets go for it Gus!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Brezovan
2. Calderon
3. Mattock
4. Dicker
5. El-Abd
6. Greer
7. Buckley
8. M-Smith
9. Barnes
10. Vicente
11. Lualua

4-4-bloody 2, two poxy wingers and two shitting strikers.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Barnes will be back, Navarro will be in midfield with another defencive midfielder,,,,one winger, which won't be Lualua and we will lose badly. Unless Poyet changes it quick when we go one nil down and doesn't wait until the 70th min...By which time we will be more than 1-0 down...This is what I think,,,but then maybe we will all be shocked and beat them 3-0 and go on another stunning run all the way to Wembley..I maybe a grumpy old bastard but I do always believe,,,,,, until I turn up at 2.30/7.30 and see the side, at least lol.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maybe Poyet has just been doing the old rope a dope trick and he will shock us all, like this....

--------------------Ankergren------------------
---------Dunk--------Greer------El Abd---------
Calderon-------------------------------Mattock
--------------------Navarro--------------------
--------Assuin------Vicente-----Buckley--------
---------------------Cms-----------------------

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Agree with this, Gus still doesn't seem to know his best side and I think this is one of the main reasons for our inconsistency. That said, we've got nothing to loose and lots to gain so shed those defensive shackles and lets go for it Gus!!

Totally agree....i dont think Gus does know his best team, i think he does change it too much. At home i think we need to always play the same way and let the opposition worry about changing to suit us and not the other way round. An attack minded formation at home....we've got the players to play that way.
We need to throw caution to the wind and go fo it Tuesday.......a repeat of the way Vicente and Lua Lua played against Derby would be a good start.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Gus doesn't know his best team 41 games into the season, I would suggest this is a bit of a problem. For the record I don't think he does.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
If Gus doesn't know his best team 41 games into the season, I would suggest this is a bit of a problem. For the record I don't think he does.

Im far from being a qualified football manager....but if i knew my best starting 11 and best formation i would virtually never change it unless forced to by injuries or suspensions etc whether playing home or away. Let the opposition worry about us.
Some of the best teams over the years have consistently kept to the same starting 11 as much as possible.......maybe Gus tinkers too much??? or maybe i know nothing which is why im not a football manager!!!

Sisyphus

Mar 21, 2012
Have you got a couple of big beefy CB's that won't get muscled off the ball by Jason Roberts? He never goes up for headers so they don't have to be good in the air- unless of course Noel Hunt starts.

Wingers. We like Wingers. Kebe, if he wants to, will teach your wingers to pull their socks up. Breathtaking on his day...most teams find he keeps 2-3 players busy. You might get lucky and find McAnuff starting in the middle- but HRK ain't bad on the left...him and Kebe made the goal for Alf against Leeds.

Strikers got much form? Our top scorer rarely starts, but has about 9 goals now- nowhere near the goal tally of some teams. Having said that, our CB's don't let many goals in- and have scored a few themselves. Best watch them if we get a corner. We do seem to get quite a few.

Talking of corners. Take Harte. Well, actually Harte takes our corners, and as a Barnsley fan recently commented: "...how the fukk are you supposed to defend an Ian Harte corner..." Well quite.

Of course we wouldn't have the best defensive record in the league, if we didn't have Feds. More clean sheets than any other team. More wins too.

I am really really looking forward to this. With trepadation. You play some lovely football. Good team, which reminds me somewhat of Swansea. Look what they did to us last season.

Happy with a point- and wish you every success going to the Boleyn Ground and piling the pressure on the pikey's and taking 3 points.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
What I think Gus will do...
Brezovan
Mattock Greer El-Abd Calderon
Navarro Reyes
Dicker
Vicente
CMS Vokes

What I would do

Brezovan
Buckley Dicker Vicente LuaLua
CMS Vokes

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Brezovan

Calderon
Greer
El-Abd
Mattock

Vicente
Dicker
Navarro
Lua Lua

Barnes
CMS

SUBS: Ankergren, Reyes, Noone, Buckley, Vokes

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What I think Gus will do...
Brezovan
Navarro Reyes
Dicker
Vicente
CMS Vokes

What I would do

Brezovan
Buckley Dicker Vicente LuaLua
CMS Vokes

Cant see him playing Mattock at right back and Calderon at left????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here