Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Burton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If everyone except Maenpaa, Rosenior and Goldson is fit, I would go with the following:

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
March
Hemed
Akpom

Subs: Walton, Bong, Huhnemeier, Kayal, Murphy, Baldock, Murray

Same for me but Skalak for Murphy on bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale
Bruno...Duffy....Dunk....Pocognoli
Knockhaert....Stephens....Sidwell....March
Murray,,,Baldock/Akpom​

Obviously this depends on the fitness of Stephens and Baldock and if he is fit I would also include Bong for Pocognoli.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think we have all got to hold our breath as, of course, none of us knows the true picture as far as injuries are concerned.

CH "WILL" surely be looking at gaining maximum points right now so most certainly, will not be wanting to take chances on the fitness of anyone.
Burton, on paper, look like a killing but will they be ? - I don't think so and, with Ipswich thereafter, whilst not currently performing that well, tend to be something of a bogey team so highly dangerous and, as many teams in mid table with nothing much to prove right now, may be up for upsetting those 'in the mix'

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
If everyone except Maenpaa, Rosenior and Goldson is fit, I would go with the following:

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
March
Hemed
Akpom

Subs: Walton, Bong, Huhnemeier, Kayal, Murphy, Baldock, Murray

Spot on starting 11 for me Kayal was not fit against Huddersfield and we lost the midfield. When he is fit he plays, but at the moment we should ease him in. I like Norwood but he has definitely struggled in the last two games and Sidders and Stephens should start. Burton are the right opposition to start Akpom. He may be the man who gets our goals as it is time for him to kick on and prove his worth to Arsenal.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I'd go with this. Sidwell was one of our better players yesterday and I'm not convinced Stephens should just walk back into the team at the moment.

You're right - we've really done well in midfield since he last played and dominated Lincoln, Huddersfield and Brentford :facepalm:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fitness is a grey area. If Baldock is anything less than 100%, we should use the Akpom. I would like to see him and Hemed start if we are basing it on fitness personally. If we can give Baldock all the time he needs, a 100% Baldock will be like a new player.

I think the club currently has a '100% fit only' policy. Another few disappointing results and they may have to rethink; I'm desperate to see Stephens & Baldock back again.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think the club currently has a '100% fit only' policy. Another few disappointing results and they may have to rethink; I'm desperate to see Stephens & Baldock back again.
100% fit just like kayal the other night.

Probably complete coincidence but interesting that the players with mysterious injuries at the moment are the ones that are out of contract at the end of the season?!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Stockdale
Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Pocognoli
AK, Sidwell, Norwood, March
Hemed, Akpom

with Murray and Murphy/Baldock to come on for last 30 minutes and stretch the game

Burton like to pass the ball which will suit Norwood and make it a decent game to watch - in theory anyway!

Really depends on injury recovery / any new injuries etc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that Akpom has to start. It would be a disaster if he paired Hemed and Murray again, it doesn't work.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Assuming all minor injuries are STILL injured:-

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Sidwell
Kayal
March
Hemed
Akpom

Walton
BFG
Tomori
Norwood
Murphy
Skalak
Murray

Baldock in for Akpom with Skalak dropping from bench.
Stephens on bench but struggling to drop someone from it.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
How on earth can you pre-determine substitutes and the time they come on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here