Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Brentford ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Total agreement so far on the 18 !

I suppose Murphy and Baldock are fighting it out for one place - Murphy is getting the nod for now.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Why do people keep putting Hemed in the starting XI?

He is easily 5th place now behind Zamora, Wilson, Skalak, and the returning Baldock.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not quite sure why Hemed is getting so many minutes now. Against Huddersfield every good move broke down at his feet. I like the guy, he works hard and clearly "wants it" but he looks SHOCKINGLY low on confidence at the moment. Take some pressure off him.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Ridgewell

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
LuaLua(If fit, if not Murphy)

Zamora
Wilson.

Wilson starting ahead of Hemed as he offers a bit of pace upfront.

Subs: Maenpaa, Calderon, Goldson, Sidwell, Murphy, Skalak, Hemed

Good call, I'd imagine this will be the line up. Harsh on Goldson to make way for Greer but if he's fit, CH will pick him.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally I don t think Sidwell will start. He's hardly played at all this year. Most likely same starting 11 as last time.
There is goi g to be 1 or 2 very good players that won t even make the bench

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Ridgewell
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
KLL
Zamora
Hemed

Sidwell, Skalak and Wilson to come and make an impact off the bench.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This! Especially when we still have Bong, Rosenior, Uwe and Baldock missing from that squad

Not so sure anyone has selected Baldock as yet, not even for the bench. I thought he was back and ready, much the same as Greer, but his universal omission might be down to talent rather than fitness.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
-------------------- Stockdale ------------------
Bruno --- Goldson --- Dunk --- Ridgewell
Knockaert --- Stephens --- Kayal --- KLL
------------ Zamora ------- Wilson -----------

Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Sidwell, Murphy, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i take it we are mostly happy with goldson then....??....is the german still injured..?? any news on bong and rosenior...jesus , we have some squad now eh....??

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Almost this for me but poss start with Wilson if he's over his virus, probably in place of Tomer because BZ seems to do better when he starts. Danger in that though is neither Wilson or BZ are really capable of 90 mins. Can't see CH not starting with 442, just wonder whether Stephens may get a rest and Sidwell will start.

Compared to a month ago, CH has the luxury of real competition for places and some difficult choices to make. Great isn't it ?

Think you are right in that Sidwell will start a good percentage of our remaining games, and I feel that he may rest Stephens and Katal alternately, injury apart they have both started every game this season, and Heaven's knows, they could do with a break!

For some reason though, I don't expect it to happen on Friday, Sidwell hasn't had any game time with us yet, and with the need to win our home games is paramount, so Hughton will go for the tried and tested midfield pairing with Sidwell on the bench.

And yes, it's great to see Hughton in such a dilemma as to which team to pick!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Sidwell
Knockaert --- Stephens --- Kayal ---
Skalal ------- Wilson -----------

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Against Brentford I can see us going narrow or a little stronger in midfield as we often did with Rosenior before Gaeten was injured.
So for me:

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Ridgewell
Sidwell
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert
LuaLua
Zamora

Subs:
Maenpaa
Calderon
Greer
Hemed
Wilson
Skalak
Murphy

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why do people keep putting Hemed in the starting XI?

He is easily 5th place now behind Zamora, Wilson, Skalak, and the returning Baldock.

I was about to say the same, amazed so many have Hemed starting. I would also add Murphy (playing behind the striker) as an option to your list too.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Will be an interesting game. Brentford have just lost 2 regular first teamers in the transfer window, Tarkowski and Diagouraga. In theory therefore they are weakened in central defence and midfield so pace down the middle might well unsettle whoever replaces these two. Thats an argument for playing Wilson and Hemed from the start along with Lua Lua and Knockaert. Also pretty much all their creative play goes through Alan Judge, so arrangements will need to be made to cut off this supply (Sidwell instead of Stephens?).

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Knockaert --- Stephens --- Kayal --- KLL
------------ Zamora ------- Wilson -----------

Subs: Maenpaa, Greer, Sidwell, Murphy, Skalak, Baldock, Hemed

This, but maybe drop Baldock or Hemed for Calde.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
No mention of Crofts at all as far as I can see. He did really well when he came on for Stephens vs Hudds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here