Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Bolton

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm not sure how anyone who went to QPR can pick Conway ahead of Lua Lua and Buckley.
I know some of you sensitive flowers will probably get offended and I don't know if he had specific orders from Oscar but I reckon that was amongst the worst debuts I've seen, and he only appears to have one foot.
Ok, early days and he will hopefully improve but surely he should have to earn his place?

A couple of times he had an opportunity on the left wing to take on the full-back and get to the byline but decided to come back and cross it with his right foot. I was expecting him to take on the full-back and whip the ball across. Perhaps he was playing to instructions? Or he lacked confidence? I'm sure LuaLua would have been more positive.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A couple of times he had an opportunity on the left wing to take on the full-back and get to the byline but decided to come back and cross it with his right foot. I was expecting him to take on the full-back and whip the ball across. Perhaps he was playing to instructions? Or he lacked confidence? I'm sure LuaLua would have been more positive.
He needs to be played down the right.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would pick a barely fit Bruno over Calderon. I'm not suggesting Calderon is a world beater but Bruno just cannot defend. He can't be match fit and it sounded like he had an absolute shocker on Wednesday. Surely not?

Sorry, ignore this, just realised people are including him if Ward is injured

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bit concerned if Spanish Dave is having one of his grandad games, doesn't leave Ince with that much protection...

If ever there's a time for a big performance from Dave....its tomorrow.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
In the absence of Bridcutt, Orlandi, Forster Caskey, Agustien and Andrews, who are you dropping him for?

Maybe Ince will move into CM alongside Crofts and Courtney-Richards (who played great in Pre-Season) or Dunk (who always played there a couple times in pre season...i think) could play there, cant wait till everyone is back fit and can actually play (darn you Bolton!)

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
-----------kuszczak
calde -- upson -- greer -- bruno
------------- ince
------- crofts -- lopez
march ------------------ lualua
----------- barnes

Is what I'd pick. Conway sounded poor, no way should Calderon be moved. I'd drop lopez as well as buckley but I cannot think of another fit CM.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I note almost everyone has Buckley on the bench and I don't disagree. Amusing how it was only last season we were claiming he was better than Zaha though.

Spanish Dave will come good sooner rather than later. Remember he had a very uncertain summer and is probably a few weeks off the others in terms of being ready. You don't become a bad player overnight. Might he play the holding role and push Ince on today?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Would love to see Richards given a go. By far the most natural replacement for Bridcutt we've got. Much better than sticking a centre half in there (Ince/Dunk).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Spanish Dave will come good sooner rather than later. Remember he had a very uncertain summer and is probably a few weeks off the others in terms of being ready. You don't become a bad player overnight. Might he play the holding role and push Ince on today?

Only if he's learnt how to stop jumping out of every tackle in the past 3 days

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fair point. I'm sure he played a game last season filling in for Bridcutt and did decently. Am I imagining it?

Not sure but Ince is a shoe in there, after that we're fooked though. Some have suggested Richards but I watched that QPR res game live on player and thought he was pretty gash too. Think it's going to have to be Dave but hopefully he's been told to get a bit of fire in his belly

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
In the absence of Bridcutt, Orlandi, Forster Caskey, Agustien and Andrews, who are you dropping him for?

May sound crazy but I think Bruno should be given a go as a creative midfielder, he's not the best defensively and Calde is playing great. Bruno last season showed he has the ability to pick a pass and has some good skill on the ball. He can also score as we saw with that long range smasher last year. Worth a try perhaps with current injuries and Dave out of form!

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
I'm not sure how anyone who went to QPR can pick Conway ahead of Lua Lua and Buckley.
I know some of you sensitive flowers will probably get offended and I don't know if he had specific orders from Oscar but I reckon that was amongst the worst debuts I've seen, and he only appears to have one foot.
Ok, early days and he will hopefully improve but surely he should have to earn his place?

+1
Couldn't believe he wasn't subbed.
Awful......had his arm raised in apology to his team mates after almost every pass !
I was hoping for something seriously better than that.
Can't judge him on one game, but I would pick Buckers or Kaz over that every time.....
Just sayin'...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Spanish Dave is probably one of the most average players we've ever had.

"We've ever had".

Short memory Timbo? I know you aren't a new fan, so you must remember a fair amount of players who would have had to inprove greatly to be described as average. To suggest Spanish Dave is anything other than one of the finest footballers to play for us for a VERY long time is going to be hard to justify.

He hasn't been on top form this season but let's not re-write what he did last season.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Dave and Buckley need dropping from the squad - go and relax somewhere and come back in a few days fresh again. Even if this means us playing march and ince.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It would not surprise me to see Buckley start today. It is a home game and I reckon Barnes should have a bit more support up front. He is the most natural for that.

As to the midfield hopefully we will be in control of the game and the defenders can push up a bit and help out.

Conway's previous suggests to me he will be really good for us. He has just had one game away to QPR, he just needs a bit of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here