Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
----------------------------Ryan---------------------------
-------------Dunk----Webster----Burn----------------
Montoya------------------------------------------Alzate
-------------Stephens---------Propper----------------
--Gross--------------------------------------Connelly--
------------------------Maupay---------------------------

If needs be, play Balogun and Duffy too if we can get away with 13.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Ryan
Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Burn
Gross
Stephens
Trossard
Bissouma
Propper
Maupay

Subs Murray Bernardo March Webster Alzate Connolly Button .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Got to play with pace. Firstly to track their pace and secondly for an outlet. Hoofing the ball up to Murray, Gross and Mooy would be pointless imho.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I disagree, I think a back 3/5 is the only way we can go. We basically need to copy what Napoli did against them this week with a back 3 and were excellent.

Liverpool are strongest in the wide area’s and the idea of TAA and Salah ganging up on Burn alone, and Robertson and Mane doing the same against Montoya is giving me nightmares, we need to support them as much as possible.

I would start with Dunk, Webster and Burn as a back 3 with Montoya and Alzate as the wing backs. They can both get up and down the pitch well and on their sides will be then backed up by Webster and Burn with Dunk dealing with Firminho in the middle with Stephens to drop in alongside when necessary.

Liverpool are decent but nothing special in centre midfield so we can sacrifice someone there I feel to back up the wide areas. My side would like this with Gross and Mooy offering flexibility to be able to drift out wide, come inside or get forward to support Maupay:

Ryan

Montoya
Webster
Dunk
Burn
Alzate

Gross
Propper
Stephens
Mooy

Maupay

Definitely this, and plenty of good options on the bench too, Gross and Mooy behind a single striker is the only viable option IMO, when he's knacjered, Bring on Connolly and Trossard for Gross or Mooy, who Evers most tired/least effective, and score a winner in the 89th minute.

Ok the last bit may be a teensy bit optimistic. . .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You may well be right. I would play him there though

If he had to play, which after last weeks performance seems unlikely, I think that it would be either him or Webster holding the right side and the other in the centre with Dunk on the left. Not sure which 2 of the 3 Webster Duffy and Burn I would play. I think probably drop Burn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports