Calderon--Dunk--Hughes--Bennett

-------------Kayal---Ince-------------

---Ledesma------Tex---------LuaLua---

----------------Baldock------------------

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Best is Best. You know it makes sense, especially in Hughton's eyes.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
If they are all fit start with the same 11. Best needs to be given a bit of a run to see if he can produce, it is tough being the lone striker. However time is running out for him. He is a bit more mobile than COG and put balls in from wide for advancing midfield men. However if he does not come off I think COG will be back for the next away trip.

CH has decided Holla and JFC are not in his long term plans (for this division at least)
i would leave best on the bench hes been poor in the recent games he has started and its like playing with 10 men when he does

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
---------------Stockdale---------------

Bruno--Dunk--Greer--Bennett

-------------Kayal---Ince-------------

---Calderon----Tex-------Ledesma---

----------------Baldock------------------

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Difficult to justify changing a winning team.

But - maybe:
Hughes for Greer;
Ledesma (if fit) for Calderon (very tough on Calde after his goal scoring exploits, so maybe play Calde at RB instead of Bruno, or start with Calde at RM and bring on Ledesma later for game time);
COG for Best (unlikely; we may have to accept that Best is now the new JFC (undroppable)).

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Difficult to justify changing a winning team.

But - maybe:
Hughes for Greer;
Ledesma (if fit) for Calderon (very tough on Calde after his goal scoring exploits, so maybe play Calde at RB instead of Bruno, or start with Calde at RM and bring on Ledesma later for game time);
COG for Best (unlikely; we may have to accept that Best is now the new JFC (undroppable)).

My thoughts exactly, even including the lack of decisiveness on the changes.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Keep CMS out, COG on if not from start at half time....Keep Lua Lua for last 20 mins....Apart from that team as yesterday, whilst defence ropey don`t think can change and remember only few weeks ago Dunk seemed to be our only hope of scoring goals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not much to chose between them Saturday but on recent performances I think that Dunk edges it and perhaps Hughes should get a chance.

Wow! You were clearly watching a different game to me.
Dunk was culpable in all 3 goals while in each instance Greer was the other side of the box marking his man.
I know which one I think could benefit from a break.

That said I suspect we will go with the same starting lineup. Leeds are a big side and have pace. They will target our full backs so a defensively oriented midfield and a back four used to playing together makes sense rather than make changes and risk misunderstandings.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes Dunk was at fault for the goals but his general play has been better in recent games than Greer and rather than major changes I would rest Greer and bring in Hughes. But I would be happy if it was Dunk replaced by Hughes who deserves a game to see if it improves our defence at home.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wow! You were clearly watching a different game to me.
Dunk was culpable in all 3 goals

How was he at fault for the 3rd?
It was Ince who let Novak turn and score.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Hughes
Dunk
Bennett

Calderon
Kayal
Ince

Tex
O'Grady
Baldock

subs : Walton, Greer, Stephens, Holla, Ledesma, Lua Lua, Best

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Scarcasm is the words used by people not sufficiently intelligent to make their point in a normal manner, I was told.[/QUOTE

Sometimes, when intelligent comment fails to persuade someone that they are wrong, sarcasm can be a way of emphasising just how wrong they are.

Your comments about Stockdale's penalty save in particular are a case in point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here