Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Everton

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OK. It makes all the difference. Sometimes it is hard to tell. No need for Solly March, Bissouma could play instead, or Trossard?

One of the best compliments you can give a footballer. I always remember that if Zamora didn't take penalties i'd have had no idea which foot he preferred after 4 seasons of watching him

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My guess for tomorrow:-
Ryan
Montoya Webster Dunk Burn
Propper Stephens Alzate
Gross Maupay Trossard

Subs:- Steele, Duffy, Bong, Connolly, Murray, March, Bissouma

The thinking behind guessing Steele over Button?

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Trossard, Maupay, Connolly

Total 13 games between them in minutes, 6 goals, + a good goal disallowed because of VAR

Jahanbakhsh 12 games, 0 goals 0 assists

March 91 games 9 goals, 11 assists

I don't think Trossard, Maupay and Connolly are forced to play full back like Jahanbakhsh was last year. And March has a total of 2 goals in 80 PL appearances!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're right mate, we should be beating teams like Everton.

A club who've been in the top division for longer than most of us have been alive
A club who must have spent £300+m on the squad
A club who's wage bill must be approaching double ours
A club who haven't been in serious danger of relegation for 20 years
A club who at the start of the season harboured realistic expectations of European qualification.
A club who the bookies favour over us to win the game

Don't get me wrong, I think we've got a decent chance. We're playing well. Yours was just the last slightly silly comment about our chances in this game I was prepared to tolerate before picking someone up on it
It's not a question of "should be beating teams like Everton".

What is the case is that to survive we should be beating teams around us, especially when playing at home. Everton are very much one of the teams around us (one place and one point above us with an inferior goal difference).

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I expect the Albion to be approaching 19 of our home games with a plan to win them. Realistically that plan should mean playing on the front foot against 15-17 of those teams.
Hughton lost me when he changed the win approach to 6-8 teams.
We might win, lose or draw tomorrow but I’m 99.9% certain Potter will set us up to try to win the game and to give Everton something to worry about. That does me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't think Trossard, Maupay and Connolly are forced to play full back like Jahanbakhsh was last year. And March has a total of 2 goals in 80 PL appearances!!!

Solly March: 53 PL games per minutes, 2 goals, 7 assists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here