For me it’d be...

Ryan
Schelotto-Webster-Dunk-Burn- Bernardo
Stephens-Propper-Mooy
Maupay-Connelly​

5-3-2 without the ball, 3-5-2 with it.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
I think any midfield or attacking player (including wingbacks) that played 90 minutes against spurs will not start tomorrow. Starting Stephens and Alzate against spurs almost guaranteed that Propper and Bissouma will start tomorrow. Montoya will start 100%. Left wingback is trickier... Bernardo most likely or Alzate although they both played big minutes against spurs. Maupay for sure will start. Trossard most likely... Jahanbakhsh for a surprise start!!!!

Hate to leave out Mooy but hopefully he can sub in for Jahanbakhsh or Trossard at some point in second half.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
I think any midfield or attacking player (including wingbacks) that played 90 minutes against spurs will not start tomorrow. Starting Stephens and Alzate against spurs almost guaranteed that Propper and Bissouma will start tomorrow. Montoya will start 100%. Left wingback is trickier... Bernardo most likely or Alzate although they both played big minutes against spurs. Maupay for sure will start. Trossard most likely... Jahanbakhsh for a surprise start!!!!

Hate to leave out Mooy but hopefully he can sub in for Jahanbakhsh or Trossard at some point in second half.

This - Mooy on bench to start with - he was knackered.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Ryan
Schelotto-Duffy-Dunk-Bernardo
Alzate-Stephens-Propper-Mooy
Maupay-Connelly

Button, Montoya, Burn, Bissouma, Trossard, Murray, Gross

Back to a reliable centre back pairing for me, assuming Dunk is fit.
Bernardo has to play as he it the best left sided player at the club.
Webster misses out this time.
Bit worried about Mooy as he was out on his feet near the end of the game yesterday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not understand all this concern about 3 games in 7 days, that has always been the case since about 1955 when it also included a Christmas morning fixture with the return on Boxing Day. Easter was always Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday. It was always said that Christmas and Easter sorted the relegation and promotion out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This - Mooy on bench to start with - he was knackered.

This again.

I believe he is our best midfielder but give the guy a rest. Plenty of deputies with Alzate & Bissouma and maybe the promising Băluță on the bench.

I’d go:

———————-Ryan——————-
Montoya——Dunk—Burn—Bernardo
———-Alzate————Pröpper——-
———-Bissouma———Trossard—-
———-Maupay————Connolly—

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think that we have about 6 or 7 who are obvious first choice if everybody is fit and their replacements are far behind them.

So........

Ryan
Dunk
Montoya
Stephens
Pröpper
Mooy
Maupay

Not so sure that the following players are ‘far behind’. In fact, I’d go as far to say that is complete poppycock as several (below) have been amongst our best performers over the last two seasons.

Burn
Duffy
Webster
Bernardo
Schelotto
Alzate
Bissouma
Groß
Connolly
Trossard
Izquierdo
Murray

You have a point about the keeper though.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan

Schelotto
Duffy
Dunk
Burn

Alzate
Bissouma
Mooy
Trossard

Connolly
Maupay

With three at the back, two of whom can be flakey, 'muff may rip us apart

We must play our best eleven here, tightest defence and most attacking attack. My only qualm was right back - with a four both Montoya and Schelotto are risks. If only Bruno were....no, no, stop that now.

Ryan
Webster Duffy Dunk Burn
Montoya Pröpper Mooy
Groß Maupay Trossard​

subs: Button, Bernardo, Stephens, Alzate, Connolly, Schelotto, Murray

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I do not understand all this concern about 3 games in 7 days, that has always been the case since about 1955 when it also included a Christmas morning fixture with the return on Boxing Day. Easter was always Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Monday. It was always said that Christmas and Easter sorted the relegation and promotion out.

Maybe it’s more the case of 2 games in 48 hours ..not sure you can really go back nearly 65 years to compare

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

While this was undoubtedly true, it doesn't necessarily follow that the football was as good as it could have been, had the players been properly rested.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
——————-Ryan——————
———-Duffy—Dunk—-Burn——
Montoya—Stephens—-Bernardo
————Prôpper—-Trossard——
————Maupay—-Connolly——

Subs
Button
Webster
Schelotto
Bissouma
Alzate
Groß
Jahanbaksh

Mooy or Groß to miss out on a subs place

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For me it’d be...

Ryan
Schelotto-Webster-Dunk-Burn- Bernardo
Stephens-Propper-Mooy
Maupay-Connelly​

5-3-2 without the ball, 3-5-2 with it.

The only change I might be tempted with over your lineup is to give Stephens a rest with Alzate keeping his place. I don't have an issue with Stephens who I think has been very good under Potter, but perhaps he would benefit from a break with 2 games in as many days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No, no you don't understand........sports science has moved on a bit since those days, and I suspect the intensity of the game has shifted a bit as well. What you won't know - or recall - is how the performances of the players were impacted by playing without sufficient recovery time, how much more likely they were to get injured by playing too often etc. Would be interesting to watch the pace of a '3rd game in 7 days' from the 50s compared to a PL game now..............

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The only change I might be tempted with over your lineup is to give Stephens a rest with Alzate keeping his place. I don't have an issue with Stephens who I think has been very good under Potter, but perhaps he would benefit from a break with 2 games in as many days.

Alzate‘s omission in my team was the toughest choice. I’ve been incredibly impressed with him so far. I wouldn’t grumble in the slightest if he replaced Stephens in my team :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The margins and details are far more important now. The pitches are like Augusta greens all year round, the weather and ground conditions are not great levellers as they once were, misplaced passes are misplaced, not because of a huge divet. The difference between teams at this level can be down to a single mistake; maybe the result of a moment of fatigue or just a lapse in concentration. Games are incredibly even at times and won or lost on preparation.

It's not really a question of whether the players can play 3 games in 7 days, of course they all can, they are professional athletes. The question is whether they will be at 100% mentally and physically for those 3 games, because 5% off could be enough to tip the balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here