Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Bournemouth

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe people are suggesting leaving Stephens out, as has been said many times stop Stephens and you stop Brighton so my team would be:

Ryan (did consider Button)
Webster...Duffy...Dunk..Burn
Stephen...Propper
Alzate......................Mooy
Maupay...Connolly.
Subs Button,Murray, Trossard,Montoya Bissouma,Schellotto Bernardo​

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I cannot believe people are suggesting leaving Stephens out, as has been said many times stop Stephens and you stop Brighton so my team would be:

Stephen...Propper
Maupay...Connolly.

Partly because he played a full game yesterday, and we have another on Wednesday I guess - Potter has publicly spoken about the need to manage the squad through this period of games. Wouldn't be surprised to see most of the 'first choice' players not starting at least one of the three games. Suspect Maupay will start tomorrow with Connolly on the bench, Propper back in, perhaps with Bissouma (worked at Palace)..........who knows with Gpott...............:shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Partly because he played a full game yesterday, and we have another on Wednesday I guess - Potter has publicly spoken about the need to manage the squad through this period of games. Wouldn't be surprised to see most of the 'first choice' players not starting at least one of the three games. Suspect Maupay will start tomorrow with Connolly on the bench, Propper back in, perhaps with Bissouma (worked at Palace)..........who knows with Gpott...............:shrug:

We cannot think about what might happen against Chelsea and must approach the game tomorrow with the best possibility of 3 points then have Sunday and Monday to recuperate, then face Wednesday when it comes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We cannot think about what might happen against Chelsea and must approach the game tomorrow with the best possibility of 3 points then have Sunday and Monday to recuperate, then face Wednesday when it comes.

That's exactly the point - if Stephens hasn't fully recovered from playing a full game yesterday, he shouldn't play tomorrow as he'll be under par and WON'T give us the best chance of 3 points - Potter knows the players and has a team of people able to help make those judgments.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The great thing about these team selection threads now is that people can be as wild as they like with their selections, without getting called out for being stupid (yes even BG), for clearly none of us have a clue as to how our managers mind works!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Too many people are set on this squad rotation thing which is fine if you are in Man City/Liverpool position to be able to drop an international and replace him with another international, we are no way near having a squad to be able to do that even without them being internationals, just first choice.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ryan
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Alzate
Stephens
Propper
Gross
Mooy
Trossard
Maupay

Subs Button Connolly Duffy Bernardo Bissouma Schelotto Montoya .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too many people are set on this squad rotation thing which is fine if you are in Man City/Liverpool position to be able to drop an international and replace him with another international, we are no way near having a squad to be able to do that even without them being internationals, just first choice.

OK - let's put in players who are knackered and see how well that works.........................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's exactly the point - if Stephens hasn't fully recovered from playing a full game yesterday, he shouldn't play tomorrow as he'll be under par and WON'T give us the best chance of 3 points - Potter knows the players and has a team of people able to help make those judgments.

People are not basing their team on IF Stephens is not fully fit but on a squad rotation basis, which is all the rage with top clubs. I would agree if he isnt but we dont know one way or the other.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We as in the people on NSC picking a team do not know who is and who isnt knackered, so totally irrelevant in OUR selections.

Ah ok so your selection is the one you'd pick regardless of the circumstances. I tend to try to guess what Potter will do (usually unsuccessfully)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People are not basing their team on IF Stephens is not fully fit but on a squad rotation basis, which is all the rage with top clubs. I would agree if he isnt but we dont know one way or the other.

No, but two full games in 48 hours for a central midfielder is a bit of a stretch whoever they are, and three in 7 days even more so - hence I'd expect him to get some of the time out. Even if he starts tomorrow I'd expect him to be subbed. It's 'all the rage' because the scientific evidence and performance analysis supports it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Spot on for me...

Stephens rested - Propper played better when paired with Bissouma last time out and Mooy/Trossard give us creativity

Do wonder whether Mooy will miss out though - he looked a bit wrecked at the end yesterday.............think Bissouma will start with Propper and perhaps Alzate in place of Mooy

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Stephen...Propper
Maupay...Connolly.

Not just you BG but I really don’t get the love in for Dale at all.

“Stop Stephens and you stop Brighton”...

Eh? We’re on a terrible running of results right now, throughout all but one game Dale has been the undroppable one. In fact when Dale last didn’t play at Palace, it may have been one of our best performances of the season.

Dale is a good lad and a great pro, but in our third season now I see nothing to suggest why we can’t do better?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not just you BG but I really don’t get the love in for Dale at all.

“Stop Stephens and you stop Brighton”...

Eh? We’re on a terrible running of results right now, throughout all but one game Dale has been the undroppable one. In fact when Dale last didn’t play at Palace, it may have been one of our best performances of the season.

Dale is a good lad and a great pro, but in our third season now I see nothing to suggest why we can’t do better?

He is the engine and the brains behind our team with his very astute passing, even if sometimes backwards as needed, and as Pardew said on TV there are very few teams in The Premier that he wouldnt be first choice in.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

I disagree we have far too many squad players who we can easily rotate and it doesn't really impact us. Only Ryan, Dunk & possibly Mooy are undropable due to not having a suitable replacement in their position, everyone else is interchangeable. Trossard is something very special but we've not seen it over 90 minutes like we have from the bench.

I think our next step is to have 7/8 players who are obvious picks because they are a cut above the competition for their place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here