Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team or fans?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
How can all fans be in high sprits and chanting..

when Leicester are looking like scoring any minute, I was to nervous and worried to be shouting anything

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
It's a shame because last season the atmosphere was great for a majority of games. I think the increase in capacity dispersed the real fans a lot more.

My theory is that a majority of Brighton fans want to sing, but most are deterred when there's nobody singing around them - so it's a vicious cycle that has resulted in the sterile atmosphere we have at the Amex today.

Additionally , all away fans note how bad our atmosphere is now - it's quite embarrassing. It got to the point today where someone was having a natter on their phone behind me... I wasn't so much annoyed that he was talking on the phone, but he shouldn't be able to talk on the phone at a football game!!

1. What is your considered criteria for being a real fan, o wise one
2. You can shove your theory where the sun don't shine.
3. Your weekly comments about your fellow supporters are becoming an embarrassment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we didn't lose and the fans got behind the team after the equaliser.
Exactly 15 minutes of stunned proper library silence.

I've never known the AMEX to be proper deathly silent.

The sooner we get the come back monkey off our back, the better.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The team can out of the blocks like a tortoise on sleeping pills which really didn't help create any sort of atmosphere. If they'd started with intent rather than just being worried about making a mistake and playing for a draw I'm sure there would have been a lot more noise from the stands.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I guess the team (if I have to pick) though I don't really think they let anyone down, Leicester aren't a bad side and they were clearly on a mission today. I'd say the draw was fair on balance.

As for fans, I can only comment on those round me but jesus christ, what a bunch of moaning, entitled tossers. On the backs of the team from 15mins in to the equaliser, which mysteriously was a 'we scored' when earlier in the match it was 'Brighton are ..... '. I get that you pay your money, you say what you want but would it hurt to actually try to do the supporting bit?!

*Deep breath*

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
A very strange comment??? does the 12th man only come on when we are winning?:moo:

No, the "12th man" effect is bollocks. Teams who perform well get the crowd behind them, teams who don't don't - then after the fact some people seem to reverse the causality.

tbh lcfc were pretty dire first half but their fans still backed them and belief grew.

The Leicester fans weren't particularly good either though - they sang "you're so quiet, we'll sing on our own" every now and then but rarely followed it up with any singing themselves. Brighton fans backed the players as much as they did.

There was atmosphere, though. A tense atmosphere created by fans that fitted the nervy, tense occasion. A carnival atmosphere would have been wholly unfitting.

Very true. The whole ultra culture is stupid for this reason, choreography and non-stop chanting is almost always unfitting - the crowd should ebb and flow with the match.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
tedious but true,the crowd again were shocking,north stand might as well not be there!!
thought that was the stand to give it some,woefull ......well behind the likes of pompey,stoke etc who create a good atmosphere at there grounds

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Atmosphere has changed since a load of the singers have moved to underneath the police box, they cannot be heard anymore hence the NS is much quieter and much poorer because of it. I think all those who want to move there for next season really need to reconsider

atmosphere has changed since a load of the singers have moved to underneath the police box, they cannot be heard anymore hence the ns is much quieter and much poorer because of it. I think all those who want to move there for next season really need to reconsider

good point! We sit esu south end and could not hear north over the away fans,Albiiiooon! Albiiiooon! sounded very loud but not sure it pushes the match tempo up at all.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else think we should play towards the NORTH end in the first half of each match?

It's more likely to get the North Stand and rest of ground going early in the game... and we're more likely to score first (which is rather important).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here