Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team NSC - USA Soccer Ball

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Another Minnesotan checking in. I've adopted Ashley Barnes because, although I didn't know what a 'FLAIR' name was, I figured a man named Ashley would qualify. I saw the club signed a new keeper, is he first choice, or just in there until Brezovan is fit? What are the chances of new signings, I would assume your new moneybags chairman doesn't want to open up a 22000 seat stadium in League 1.

firstly welcome to the board :wave:

secondly good choice , Ashley was on loan to us last season and impressed in his time here , whilst he is not the superstar striker we need he is a very useful player and will play today in our first game of the season

and yeah , I would imagine he may be first choice - a goalkeeper of his quality is not really bench material , but it could be a tough battle between him and Brez for the number 1 shirt

and more signings to come - our Manager reckons another 2-3 so keep your eyes on the board :)

tra_peterson

Aug 7, 2010
First post on a british football forum and I just wanna say that it was a good match, a good three points this morning and good match by my boy Elphick.

When joining Player does that give you access to just that team or all the teams in the npower leagues?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
First post on a british football forum and I just wanna say that it was a good match, a good three points this morning and good match by my boy Elphick.

When joining Player does that give you access to just that team or all the teams in the npower leagues?

Do you mean joining Seagulls Player? If so, yes, you only get Brighton stuff. Elphick sounded like he had a good game today. You should be proud, though he did get booked!

Edit: Welcome by the way.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Do you mean joining Seagulls Player? If so, yes, you only get Brighton stuff. Elphick sounded like he had a good game today. You should be proud, though he did get booked!

Edit: Welcome by the way.

I'm not sure that's correct? Last week I was on orients player and after signing in I was able to watch their pre-season highlights?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Advance Warning:

I have just been dickslapped by some Malware. I had NSC, NSC Minnesota Stars site, Hotmail and Facebook open.

Any one of them could have given me it but the NSC MS site I think is what has done it.

This just happened to me too, it was called antivir solution something!

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Match report said:
The former Scunthorpe midfielder opened the scoring in the 18th minute after Jamie Smith - given the nod by Poyet after an impressive pre-season - created space for Sparrow with a neat pass inside, and Sparrow unleashed an unstoppable left-footed drive from the edge of the area which clipped the inside of the post on its way into the net....

Barnes held the ball up brilliantly just inside the Albion half before finding Sparrow, who swapped passes with Smith before rounding the advancing Swindon keeper Smith and slotting into an open net.

SO. PROUD. :blush:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I just tried a couple of other teams at random and got access using my BHAFC log in so it looks like good value. Remember too that you'll get all match highlights-worth the money for that alone.

I like Chris. He played for the MN Thunder, which was the predecsor to the Stars. He was doing really well as an outside back, and then he injuired an ankle. The tough things is that Scott Lorenz stepped in and has been playing some good ball as well.

I did watch Chris for a little bit last week when I caught part of the Stars' training session. He seems to be getting closer to 100%. It will be interesting to see if he is back on Wednesday when the Stars play in Portland, or this weekend against Vanouver.

I will do my best to post a "post game" on all the players. I am sure you guys would enjoy that. As noted on this post, all Stars matches are stremmed live on the WWW. However, I think they kick-off at about 3am.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Finally took the time to delve into this monster thread, and I'm glad I did.

NSC Minnesota - you had me at the beer garden. You HAD me at the beer garden. But the running of the numbers from the beer garden to the scoreboard ? I want that at our new stadium so much it makes me ACHE. That is the singlemost fantastic rub-their-noses-in-it innovation I have EVER heard of. Please tell me you sometimes have away fans you run past with the triumphant goalboard ? Or at least past the oppositons dugout ?

I am in awe.

:bowdown:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A comment for Soccer Boy and the other US newbies on here. There are a couple of things I have finally got used to when getting a beer at a soccer match (or any other sport) in the States. Only 2 beers per person – if you want to order 4 beers you need 2 people. Everyone has to provide ID to prove they are over 21, including the old guy in front of me at the Mets game last week who must have been at least 80. Not complaining – just observing.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
A comment for Soccer Boy and the other US newbies on here. There are a couple of things I have finally got used to when getting a beer at a soccer match (or any other sport) in the States. Only 2 beers per person – if you want to order 4 beers you need 2 people. Everyone has to provide ID to prove they are over 21, including the old guy in front of me at the Mets game last week who must have been at least 80. Not complaining – just observing.

That's a bummer when places do that. The girls at the NSC are typically more accommodating. The biggest complaint we had this season was, I think, the lack of Hot Nuts.

hampton.jpg

But now they stock them and we're free to chow down and make innuendos all game long.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I like Chris. He played for the MN Thunder, which was the predecsor to the Stars. He was doing really well as an outside back, and then he injuired an ankle. The tough things is that Scott Lorenz stepped in and has been playing some good ball as well.

I did watch Chris for a little bit last week when I caught part of the Stars' training session. He seems to be getting closer to 100%. It will be interesting to see if he is back on Wednesday when the Stars play in Portland, or this weekend against Vanouver.

I will do my best to post a "post game" on all the players. I am sure you guys would enjoy that. As noted on this post, all Stars matches are stremmed live on the WWW. However, I think they kick-off at about 3am.

This would be GREAT...... as a fan of the Twins (stayed up all night to watch the nobody Twins win back to back titles in the late eighties - Frank Viola - GOD!) and the Timberwolves its great that we now have the Stars.... GO STARS!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But the running of the numbers from the beer garden to the scoreboard ? I want that at our new stadium so much it makes me ACHE. That is the singlemost fantastic rub-their-noses-in-it innovation I have EVER heard of. Please tell me you sometimes have away fans you run past with the triumphant goalboard ? Or at least past the oppositons dugout ?

I am in awe.

:bowdown:

Isn't it BRILLIANT?

Would never be allowed here, would it? :down:

Imagine skipping past the Leeds / Millwall fans with a big '3'...

Bruce

Aug 10, 2010
Minneapolis
Hello my new English friends!

I have adopted Agustin Battipiedi!

He appears to have last played for Communicaciones in Guatemala. And they just happened to play our team right here in Minnesota last year right about this time. So I am going into research mode to find out if there is any chance he actually played on our field last year. How great would that be.

Rock on Gulls!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hello my new English friends!

I have adopted Agustin Battipiedi!

He appears to have last played for Communicaciones in Guatemala. And they just happened to play our team right here in Minnesota last year right about this time. So I am going into research mode to find out if there is any chance he actually played on our field last year. How great would that be.

Rock on Gulls!

Hello. We lost tonight, had our new star player sent off (he will miss 3 games) and one of our more important players stretchered off with what looks like it could be a serious injury.

NSC is not a good place to be at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here