Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team NSC - USA Soccer Ball

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Two-Boys has not seen a lot of playing time as of late. Actually, I do not think he has played in the last 5-6 matches. I think he is creative, has good control over the ball. I think his downfall is his size. The SuperRookie is the official "mentor" of Two-Boys.

Off the pitch, Two-Boys is very friendly.

Yeah, he gets crowded out because we already have a good midfield. I liked the look of him though, but I think Takada is ending up with that spot more often.

I don't think he played in the Open Cup, which was a shame because our "Two-Boys, One Cup" banner idea was great.

Soccer Boy said:
I am an American XL. I will have to measure myself this evening! I will post it or send you a PM.

Really? You're not enormous... Shudder to think how many Xs I'd pile on.

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah, he gets crowded out because we already have a good midfield. I liked the look of him though, but I think Takada is ending up with that spot more often.

I don't think he played in the Open Cup, which was a shame because our "Two-Boys, One Cup" banner idea was great.

:lolol: thats quality!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm adopting GAZZA.

Sorry, that should read 'Carl Craig'...

craig_carl.jpg

Way aye man, its fookin freezin he-ah in Minesoota, man.

Soccer Boy - do they play the American National Anthem before all the NSC Minnesota games? They do at the Red Bulls. As a Brit I’ve got used to it now and find that I quite look forward to it – at the last few games they’ve had some very fit women singing it.

It is typical at all American sporting events to play out national anthem. I was even surprised to learn the other day when we played the Puerto Rico Islanders that PR has a "national anthem," even though they technically are not a soverign country.

Do they play God Save the Queen before your soccer matches?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do they play God Save the Queen before your soccer matches?

Not a chance, most teams "run out" to their own theme, Brighton run out to "Good Old Sussex by the Sea", an old military marching band tune.

BTW, your forum seems to have crashed

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Not a chance, most teams "run out" to their own theme, Brighton run out to "Good Old Sussex by the Sea", an old military marching band tune.

They do that a lot. I've been trying to find out why Crystal Palace Baltimore are going broke for about an hour now... they lost to Miami FC last night which puts them at the bottom of the table.

Well, I took the afternoon off and went and watched the Stars train. I live about six miles (what, is that about 30+ kilometers) from the National Sports Center. I heard that today is Vorgen Less' birthday and he was up in Duluth working at a Stars soccer camp. Two-Boys had a slight muscle pull and went off the pitch early on.

Today your lads were just working mainly in an intra-squad scrimmage. Takada scored a nice goal past Joe Warren from about 30 years out. In all, it was a hard fought scrimmage. The final score was 2-1--I think.

Here is a picture of your new team. I apologize for the poor resolution. I took it will my BlackBerry, which I am looking forward to getting rid of in three months.

As someone has already mentioned, all USSF D2 soccer games are video streamed on the WWW. We can give you updates with match times/etc. I beleive the next match is 8/11 in Portland, with a 9pm (US Central) kick-off time.

Cheers!

4863887559_0b3922f4b3.jpg

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
As someone has already mentioned, all USSF D2 soccer games are video streamed on the WWW. We can give you updates with match times/etc. I beleive the next match is 8/11 in Portland, with a 9pm (US Central) kick-off time.

9pm Central is 3am in the UK, Soccerboy. That might be past some people's bedtimes...

Interesting. I trying an catch the "early" Saturday morning EPL kick-off. It usually takes me about 10-15 minutes to figure out what is going on as I have to get up at 6:15am to make some coffee and see the kick-off.

Sussex by the Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. & Sussex County Cricket Club
The song has also become attached to Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. and Sussex County Cricket Club. It is the clubs' official song, but with a changed chorus (often sung on its own, without any verses) - or, more recently, just humming the verses (since nobody at the game knows the words anyway).

Good old Sussex by the sea,
Good old Sussex by the sea
We're going up
To win the cup
For Sussex by the sea.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One good thing about living in the States is that you get to see live Saturday 3pm Premiership games on Fox Soccer Channel which you wouldn’t get to see in the UK because of licensing restrictions.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Well, I took the afternoon off and went and watched the Stars train. I live about six miles (what, is that about 30+ kilometers) from the National Sports Center. I heard that today is Vorgen Less' birthday and he was up in Duluth working at a Stars soccer camp. Two-Boys had a slight muscle pull and went off the pitch early on.

Today your lads were just working mainly in an intra-squad scrimmage. Takada scored a nice goal past Joe Warren from about 30 years out. In all, it was a hard fought scrimmage. The final score was 2-1--I think.

Here is a picture of your new team. I apologize for the poor resolution. I took it will my BlackBerry, which I am looking forward to getting rid of in three months.

Cheers!

4863887559_0b3922f4b3.jpg

Bugger me! I knew he was getting on a bit, but didn't realise he was still letting 'em in from as far back as the 80's! :lolol: Other than that timewarp goal, how was my Big Papa Joe lookin'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here