Team NSC - USA Soccer Ball

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I was going to take Warren, since he has played 18 games in goal and looks good but he was a bit old, and i fancied a younger keeper.

Who is going to take Holroyd?

Last edited:

I was going to take Warren, since he has played 18 games in goal and looks good but he was a bit old, and i fancied a younger keeper.

Who is going to take Holroyd?

I think he is dynamite. If i had to pick a Best Player, it'd be him; others might disagree, but I think he is fantastic. He makes great runs down the wing, can get past defenders with trickery and speed. If he had someone to cross the ball to who wasn't Melvin "Wooden Clothes Peg" Tarley, he'd be dangerous. As it is, his hard work comes to nothing over and over.

I agree with the comments on Ely Allen. He was a little off in the last match vs. AC St. Louis. I think he will come around.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I adopted Gary Hart on the USL Boards. What is he like?

NSC in the UK - USL Discussions

Hes been at the club for 11 years now. A bit past it in terms of his pace and goal scoring but a bitch to play against, he's big and able to hold the ball up well. 110% Albion, really really really likeable, given a lot to the club and is a bit of a hero for us.

If anything this year his role is to be a coach/positive influence because he'll dig in and grind it out. Overall a very good pick. Not the best player, but one of our best men.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
If all the players have been adopted then I will Adopt Kris Bjerkness, GM of the NSC Minnesota Stars.

I can't find a picture of the great man so I will put a picture of Christopher Neil Bjerkness. A man who had a Rubber ball fetish.

Rubber ball fetish man pleads guilty to ball slashing - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - The Blotter

bjerkness.jpg

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and if you are reading

HairyGump - I LOVE that nickname for Dicker "the Irish Pleasurer
GumbyGirl - Whingy is BRILLIANT however we may be selling him in the not too distant future :(
AyerReady - good choice , played against Aberdeen in a pre-season and Smithy played fantastically , expect big things from him this season
tra Paterson - great player Elphick , had a mediocre season last year but capable of brilliance
GregX - good choice , Calderon is starting to win people back after his end of season mystery , great player - been dubbed "the one to watch" by many media outlets here
Tarkus - unlucky , try again

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and suprised

Brezovan , Baz , Battipiedi , Bennett , Murray etc,etc... haven't been chosen yet

worth also thinking about players like Cook , Caskey ,Dunk , Wilkins etc...

nearly there...

1 - * Warren, Joseph , GK - KLM
3 - * Arango, Andres , D - tottenhamseagull
4 - * Hlavaty, Neil , M - sten super
6 - * Friedland, Kevin , D - Cullip4
7 - * Gotsmanov, Andrei , M - Braders
8 - * Wasson, Daniel , D/M - New Carpet?
9 - * Ukah, Warren , F - SirDouglasLoft
10 - * Menyongar, Johnny , F/M - Pantani
12 - * Wright, Leland , - Seagull Tim
13 - * Takada, Kentaro , M - Mendoza
14 - * Kallman, Brian , D - Dick Knights Mumm
15 - * Del Do, Devin , M - willyfantastic
17 - * Moura, Geison , M - Biscuit
18 - * Tarley, Melvin , F - Simster
19 - * Bracalello, Simone , F - Logan89
20 - * Cvilikas, Brian , F - Eggman
21 - * Gao, Leilei , M - Plooks
22 - * Gumede, Two-Boys , M - Manny
23 - * Rodriguez, Lucas , - Mellotron
25 - * Lorenz, Scott , M - house your seagull
26 - * Allen, Ely , M - GYM
27 - * Crayton, Louis , GK - FDM'S Gloves
28 - * Lipset, Max , D - Gwylan
30 - * VanOekel, Matthew , GK - Stumpy Tim

The unloved STARS...

2 - * Granum, Thomas , D
11 - * Clements, Chris , D
16 - * Altman, Kyle , D

I hate to break the news to whomever took Leilei Gao, but he is no longer with the team. He got homesick and was released/transfered back to a team in China. He looked promising early on, but simply refused to track back and defend once the Stars lost the ball. You can take #5 Vorgen Less. Vorgen is on the mend with a pre-season Achillies rupture. Overall, he is a nice guy, and I hear he is a good central defender.

What about the real man of the team - Matthew VanOekel. I need details

Van Oekel is the back-up keeper. He has seen limited playing time this season, but has done an adequate job when required to step in. He last played two matches ago up vs. the Vancouver FC Whitecaps, who will be moving up to the MLS next season. It was a 1-1 draw. Good performance--looked a little shaky in the beginning, but came up big to give the Stars a point.

I am a little stressed out as of late and I think I am going to take the day off from work tomorrow and go watch the Stars train. I will mention it that they have now been adopted by supporters in southern England. Some will get a kick out of it.

By the way, I hope nobody minds, but I have appointed myself as the chairman of the Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. Fan Club (MN Chapter). Go Seagulls!

If all the players have been adopted then I will Adopt Kris Bjerkness, GM of the NSC Minnesota Stars.

I can't find a picture of the great man so I will put a picture of Christopher Neil Bjerkness. A man who had a Rubber ball fetish.

Rubber ball fetish man pleads guilty to ball slashing - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - The Blotter

bjerkness.jpg

I think you should consider adopting Manny Lagos. He is the head coach. Manny is a likeable guy. He is also a former player on the US Men's National team and played some professional soccer. He runs kind of funny.

Manny Lagos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
The NSCer Adopt an NSCer Roster is now COMPLETE :clap::clap:

1 - * Warren, Joseph , GK - KLF
2 - * Granum, Thomas , D - Da Man Clay
3 - * Arango, Andres , D - tottenhamseagull
4 - * Hlavaty, Neil , M - sten super
6 - * Friedland, Kevin , D - Cullip4
7 - * Gotsmanov, Andrei , M - Braders
8 - * Wasson, Daniel , D/M - New Carpet?
9 - * Ukah, Warren , F - SirDouglasLoft
10 - * Menyongar, Johnny , F/M - Pantani
11 - * Clements, Chris , D - Smithy
12 - * Wright, Leland , - Seagull Tim
13 - * Takada, Kentaro , M - Mendoza
14 - * Kallman, Brian , D - Dick Knights Mumm
15 - * Del Do, Devin , M - willyfantastic
16 - * Altman, Kyle , D - Barrel of Fun
17 - * Moura, Geison , M - Biscuit
18 - * Tarley, Melvin , F - Simster
19 - * Bracalello, Simone , F - Logan89
20 - * Cvilikas, Brian , F - Eggman
21 - * Gao, Leilei , M - Plooks
22 - * Gumede, Two-Boys , M - Manny
23 - * Rodriguez, Lucas , - Mellotron
25 - * Lorenz, Scott , M - house your seagull
26 - * Allen, Ely , M - GYM
27 - * Crayton, Louis , GK - FDM'S Gloves
28 - * Lipset, Max , D - Gwylan
30 - * VanOekel, Matthew , GK - Stumpy Tim

Mendoza - I've corrected the role of honour.... I'm not a crappy Dutch Airline!! :laugh:

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Van Oekel is the back-up keeper. He has seen limited playing time this season, but has done an adequate job when required to step in. He last played two matches ago up vs. the Vancouver FC Whitecaps, who will be moving up to the MLS next season. It was a 1-1 draw. Good performance--looked a little shaky in the beginning, but came up big to give the Stars a point.

"Matty Extreme" is kind of nerve-wracking to watch in goals because he seems impulsive. He's had some good spells recently though.

Also, he has the ability to unleash the most virulent stream of obscenities when roused to anger. Which seems to be every 5 minutes or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports