Team News, Ref...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wotton is God

Jan 6, 2004
If I can squeeze a reply to the earlier question in amongst the grammar lessons ..
Our top striker is out - what, Connolly?! Think you're having a larf.
We have a full set as far as I know... probably start with Evans & Crawford, but Saturday's tasty bench comprised Milne, Lowndes, Keith & Sturrock. Evans you probably know a lot about - doesn't score many goals but is good in the air and at holding up the ball. Crawford looks good, a good poacher and that will probably be the starting lineup. Milne I saw for the first time on Saturday and looks a good fast prospect, might shake you up if he comes on late on. Same for Lowndes, might prove too fast for tired legs. Keith & Sturrock are arguably not up to this level so you may not see them this time around.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Doesn't look like there'll be too many Plymouth fans tonight. It seems they have as many complaints about their ticket office as some of you lot do about ours.

From BBC 606 messageboard:

Brighton v Argyle All off to Home Park in the Green (PAFC 19) - 178th post - 10 Aug 2004 13:38
Only about 350 of the 756 tickets for away fans have been sold. Argyle are away at Cardiff on Friday as well but this looks like being the worst turn out by Argyle away for a long time. Is it just the cost, or is it just because it's Brighton? At least it's not televised so Argyle should be good for a point. We will have to see if our luck in front of the camera will change on Friday! Even with it being on TV there will be more travelling to Cardiff so what is it that makes one game a must see while others just don't have any appeal. [reply] [Complain about this post]

re: Brighton v Argyle Little Green Hamster (PAFC22) - 158th post - 10 Aug 2004 13:44
Its partly the clubs fault and I have spent the 30 in frantic calculations to see if can get to Homepark buy a ticket and get to Brighton. I don't think it is possible, anyone near the club to grab tickets who might be passing Newton Abbot and who has room for us let me know!
I was in the ticket office last week and the Brighton game was blank I assumed it was sold out. I also did not hear anything about tickets for the Tuesady game announced before the game. I am gutted. Me and 2 kids have nothing to do this evening and would have enjoyed a trip to Brighton.

Bex [reply] [Complain about this post]

re: Brighton v Argyle Janner the Yokel - 1152nd post - 10 Aug 2004 14:16
Totally I agree with you there Bex I thought it was sold out a long time ago!! where were the annoucements? letting me know I could still purchase a ticket! god argyle need to improve their ticket system - not taking well the ground isnt finished yet as an excuse

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
RB said:
Last years game at Plymouth was the best game I saw (other than play offs of course). Goals, goals, goals and the best own goal I've ever seen. Gutted to lose when we were 3-1 up with ten minutes left, but a great game. Let's have more of the same, but with a win this time please.

Errm thought it was a draw?

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Where I work in Plymouth they think Crawford is a waste of space, and I agree that there is not much interest down here to go to the game - it's the first time I've missed a Plymouth - Brighton match for over 11 years.
wcnige

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
plymouth nige said:
Where I work in Plymouth they think Crawford is a waste of space, and I agree that there is not much interest down here to go to the game - it's the first time I've missed a Plymouth - Brighton match for over 11 years.
wcnige

That's a shame as the Plymouth fans who came last season were a real credit to their club and did their part in making a fantastic atmosphere at Withdean.

"Top of the League, you're 'avin' a larf!!!"

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Perry Milkins said:
Errm thought it was a draw?

post edited, just checking to see if anyone would spot the deliberate mistake (excellent teaching line used many times previously).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports