Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Lorry Driver or Team Motorist?

Team Lorry Driver or Team Motorist?

• Team Lorry Driver

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Team Motorist

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Draw, but looking forward to the rematch (even if it's Pay Per View)

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lorry drivers are the bullies of the road, it's a shame the car driver didn't hurt him. Fair play for having a go though, it's actually not that easy to win a flight against someone much bigger than yourself.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Any information on what happened before, before we come to a conclusion, or should we base this on the girth of the truck driver?
No information needed, it's clear the cyclist started the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This very cctv sparked the radio 5 phone in today: Road Rage!

Some truly troubling stories told, way too much rage on our roads that goes way way beyond a quick blast on the horn or flicking fingers. No other word other than assault, and sometimes life threatening at that.

Dare I remind people taking this sort of thing lightly that a bit of 'fisty cuffs' often escalates into murder these days. Senseless, absolutely senseless how completely OTT people's reactions are getting in all walks of life not just road rage. It's just rage, or to use an older word, violence.

Get out of your vehicle regardless to remonstrate and you've lost any moral high ground you had so for me, hope they get identified and both charged with a public order offence.
I have to agree, people are very angry nowadays.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Early stages of the row to the LD but he is out of condition and couldn't go the distance. Poor use of the belt as has been mentioned by others. My vote goes Team Cyclist.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's one you might remember...? Sake...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36305405
Classy use of one incident to defend an outrageously wrong statement.

Not quite 'often escalates into murder these days' though is it?

In 2015 there were 573 homicides in total.

Lets say ALL of those are escalating road rages, (and not the 1% it probably is) for often escalates into murder these days to be correct there would have only been say 650 recorded incidents of road rage in the UK.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Both utter wastes of space, why would you get out of the car? I'd just floor it.

Lorry driver is the primary KNOB though because he's out of his vehicle trying to drag someone through a window and attacks before the guy is even halfway out the car. Motorist is a dick for instantly going for his belt and then failing to at least fold it in half to have some better clout to it.

Overall I'd love to see both of those rude bois have 60 seconds in an Octagon with someone like Brock Lesnar, that'd be the PPV I'd want to see, hell even have them go in one after the other, and he can bring his belt.

I get your point but perhaps Lesnar not the best example. You are forgetting that Velasquez proved that when someone bit him back in the face he turned turtle with no defence.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Lets say ALL of those are escalating road rages, (and not the 1% it probably is) for often escalates into murder these days to be correct there would have only been say 650 recorded incidents of road rage in the UK.

Like the way you use the term 'classy' when I've provided an example to your initial cocky reply. I never said there were genocide numbers, just that some people are so engulfed by road rage that they can kill. The notrious Kenneth Noye murder is another and I expect there are many others. That was my point. That's all. Using facts. Not sure what yours is, blithering off on another tangent like an idiot to suit your argument...

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I keep a cd in the changer (slot 3) loaded up with Hulk Hogans "Real American" in readiness for road rage incidents such as this. I find this pumping tune couple with the ripping of my H&M V-neck t-shirt asunder renders the other party flabbergasted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Like the way you use the term 'classy' when I've provided an example to your initial cocky reply. I never said there were genocide numbers, just that some people are so engulfed by road rage that they can kill. The notrious Kenneth Nouse murder is another and I expect there are many others. That was my point. That's all. Using facts. Not sure what yours is, blithering off on another tangent like an idiot to suit your argument...
But you didn't though did you.
You said Dare I remind people taking this sort of thing lightly that a bit of 'fisty cuffs' often escalates into murder these days.

A 'fact' that couldn't be more of a lie if it came from The Donald.

I guess in your world nobody is allowed to question 'often escalates into murder these days' let alone prove just how factually incorrect it is, or remind you that one families tragedy doesn't make you correct.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Lorry drivers are the bullies of the road, it's a shame the car driver didn't hurt him. Fair play for having a go though, it's actually not that easy to win a flight against someone much bigger than yourself.

I'm no lorry driver but I have the upmost sympathy for those that are. Very few car drivers appreciate the slow hydraulic braking systems on the bigger rigs when cuttIng recklessly in front of them. To drive a big lorry for a living you'd need the patience of a saint and the composure of Sir Chris Hughton at the absolute minimum.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Like the way you use the term 'classy' when I've provided an example to your initial cocky reply. I never said there were genocide numbers, just that some people are so engulfed by road rage that they can kill. The notrious Kenneth Noye murder is another and I expect there are many others. That was my point. That's all. Using facts. Not sure what yours is, blithering off on another tangent like an idiot to suit your argument...

And save self the bother of further pedantries about what constitutes often and in what timescale (as you all too predictably will!).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And save self the bother of further pedantries about what constitutes often and in what timescale (as you all too predictably will!).

I guess that's easier than typing:-

'fair enough, I guess I did rather overstate that'.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But you didn't though did you.
You said Dare I remind people taking this sort of thing lightly that a bit of 'fisty cuffs' often escalates into murder these days.

A 'fact' that couldn't be more of a lie if it came from The Donald.

I guess in your world nobody is allowed to question 'often escalates into murder these days' let alone prove just how factually incorrect it is, or remind you that one families tragedy doesn't make you correct.

So predictable! You're just so predictable!! Not even had time to write a further post and...true to form, you deliver! Anyway, back to the point of this thread and I wonder how many manslaughter convictions there have been which are rooted in road rage (murder in all but name). Go and research that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What utter tripe....Car drivers are far far worse by constantly cutting into lorries space.Car drivers are obsessed by getting in front of the lorry so it doesn't slow them down.
I drive both and that's a correct assessment....

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I get your point but perhaps Lesnar not the best example. You are forgetting that Velasquez proved that when someone bit him back in the face he turned turtle with no defence.

Tbf I know very very little about UFC, he's just a big name that isn't even in the biz anymore, but he'd make them mince meat.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here