Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Wolves ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Chicksen is seriously pony, I felt bad for him when we played Brentford in the cup last year, he was so out of his depth it was embarrassing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My first thought is Hughton reverts to 4-4-2 and a debut for Manu but a more likely prospect is he might just replace RVLP with Wilson, Greer doesn't make it and assuming Holla is still out in the cold then he might just give Jack Harper a first outing on the bench.

So

Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calde
Murphy
Crofts
Kayal
Stephens
Wilson
Hemed

Subs: Maenpaa, JFC, Chicksen, Ince, Harper, Manu, Zamora

That looks like a 4-3-3 team (Kayal, Stephens and Crofts in midfield). If 4-4-2 who are the wide midfield players? Murphy is one, obviously, but who is the other?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That looks like a 4-3-3 team (Kayal, Stephens and Crofts in midfield). If 4-4-2 who are the wide midfield players? Murphy is one, obviously, but who is the other?

you're right although its more 4-1-2-3 with Crofts as holding mid.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I really hope Greer is back.

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Goldson
Calderon

Murphy
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Wilson
Zamora

Sub's: Maenpaa, Chicksen, Dunk, Crofts, Caskey, Hemed, Harper

If we are playing anyone twice I would probably have two Stephens or Kayals rather than two Murphys, although I see the need for a second winger!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Kayal or Stephens as the situation demands or even hold one of them back and let Bruno attack. You do not have to have 2 designated wide men.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
you're right although its more 4-1-2-3 with Crofts as holding mid.

Exactly what Hughton practiced in the Ipswich game and in the second half at Brentford. A move away from the 442 but without Van the man Hughton has little option.
I can see us playing very narrow with Zamora up front between Murphy and Wilson. This formation also gives more licence for Kayal or Stephens to get forward more.

Crofts was my MOM against Ipswich. He played the holding role brilliantly.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What I want: -
Stockdale, Bruno, Goldson, Dunk, Calderon, Stephens, Crofts, Kayal, Hemed, Zamora, Wilson in a proper 433 with Hemed playing a bit deeper off the other two.

However, I think he'll go 442 with Hemed and Wilson, with Manu coming in for VLP.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Stockdale

Bruno-Goldson-Dunk-Calderon

Murphy-Stephens-Kayal-Manu

Wilson-Zamora​

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wouldn't surprise me to see Tilley on subs bench - would offer a wide, atacking option

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Calderon

Crofts
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Wilson

Subs : Maenpaa, Greer, Ince, JFC, Harper, Elvis, Zamora

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Chicksen

Calde/ Manu
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Zamora
Wilson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How was he that bad? He had a decent game and coped with Sears pace pretty well. They created a couple of chances all 90 minutes mainly down Bruno's side of the pitch. Think your blinkered sometimes

Sears beat him from start to finish, not only for pace. Ch has decided Chicksen is not tge answer so we will have to put up with Calderon for 1 more game. Been a great servant and his heart is there but nothing else is.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Playing Crofts with kayal and Stephens is for me setting up not to get beat, we are at home, play 2 wide men give Manu a start, if he can't start now he never will

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My first thought is Hughton reverts to 4-4-2 and a debut for Manu but a more likely prospect is he might just replace RVLP with Wilson, Greer doesn't make it and assuming Holla is still out in the cold then he might just give Jack Harper a first outing on the bench.

I don't see Holla as being any more out in the cold than JFC. He's down the pecking order, but not a non-entity. He started both cup games, and has been on the bench and played when needed. I suspect Harper is not quite ready yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here