Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Wigan

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Really don't understand why we need to rest Knockaert, utter nonsense he is the one player who can make something happen out of nothing away from home and get vital goals....

Our last 5 goals have been assists from Bong (x2), Murphy, Bruno (through ball from Norwood), & Dunk - although AN scored one of em of course.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really don't understand why we need to rest Knockaert, utter nonsense he is the one player who can make something happen out of nothing away from home and get vital goals.... How about start him tell him not to do anything stupid and pick up a yellow and IF (big if) we are a couple of goals to the good then take him off for Skalak or Murphy. Note - we have a week rest after Wigan whereas Norwich have to play mid-week so fitness isn't an issue!

AK is our most important player. He won't be playing every game this season and therefore a decision has to be made about which ones he will miss. Bearing in mind he is on 4 yellows and we have one of our most important games of the season the following week I think it will at least be under consideration. Added to this he is more effective in home games than aways.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Goldson
Bong

Murphy
Sidwell
Stephens
Skalak

Murray
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Pocognoli, Hunemeier, Norwood. Knockaert, Elvis, Hemed / Ince / March

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Our last 5 goals have been assists from Bong (x2), Murphy, Bruno (through ball from Norwood), & Dunk - although AN scored one of em of course.

Exactly my point he scored the vital 2nd goal against Sheff Wed without that it would have been another later disaster like Preston! My point is don't leave him out the side for fear of getiing a yellow card that's ridiculous. I understand he can't play every minute of every game but he doesn't need a rest as after Wigan we have a week rest until Norwich. If Norwich was a Tuesday night then maybe leave him out for fitness purposes.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
AK is our most important player. He won't be playing every game this season and therefore a decision has to be made about which ones he will miss. Bearing in mind he is on 4 yellows and we have one of our most important games of the season the following week I think it will at least be under consideration. Added to this he is more effective in home games than aways.

I would be amazed if CH leaves him on the bench, the most important game is always the next game..... Wigan away UTA! AK to score

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Norwood was fantastic last night. Put balls on a sixpence. But I fear he's not an away from home player. So I'd go with Stephens and Sidwell.

Despite having a decent game in our first ever win at Hillsborough? IMO he's getting better with every game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale

Bruno (Hunt), Goldson, Duffy, Bong

Knockaert, Stephens, Norwood, Skalak

Baldock, Murray (or Hemed)

Goldson in for Dunk is a given.

Skalak had his best game in an Albion shirt on Tuesday. Unbelievable anyone suggesting that Murphy should be recalled at his expense. Particularly the poster claiming they'd do so because Murphy is stronger defensively. Madness.

Stephens / Norwood / Sidwell is any two from three - could argue for any of them. Personally thought Sidwell tired towards the end on Tuesday and was very lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow (body check right in front of the benches).

Murray didn't look fully fit on Tuesday, so IF Hemed is 100% I'd rest Glenn.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stockdale
Bruno
Goldson
Duffy
Bong
Knocky
Stephens
Norwood
Murphy
Murray
Baldock

Skalak for knocky after an hour if we are in the box seat. Hunt for Bruno after 70 mins and Hemed for Murray after 70 mins.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale

Bruno (Hunt), Goldson, Duffy, Bong

Knockaert, Stephens, Norwood, Skalak

Baldock, Murray (or Hemed)

Goldson in for Dunk is a given.

Skalak had his best game in an Albion shirt on Tuesday. Unbelievable anyone suggesting that Murphy should be recalled at his expense. Particularly the poster claiming they'd do so because Murphy is stronger defensively. Madness.

Stephens / Norwood / Sidwell is any two from three - could argue for any of them. Personally thought Sidwell tired towards the end on Tuesday and was very lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow (body check right in front of the benches).

Murray didn't look fully fit on Tuesday, so IF Hemed is 100% I'd rest Glenn.

All this, and I go along with all your qualifications too, but would add:
-- looks like Bruno will now be fit to start his 62nd consecutive Championship game
-- Knockaert under the strictest instructions not to pick up a yellow. Tell him to shut up, stay on his feet and no 'swallow' theatrics, and even pull out of 50-50 challenges. Without him, I can see little chance in beating Norwich, but think he should be there to help us against Wigan, but due to that last point about challenges, if we're up, he should be taken off from half-time onwards
-- your comments indicate that your line-up should be: Hemed (or Murray), and not Murray (or Hemed), which I'd go along with.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
--------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ------- Goldson --- Duffy --------- Bong
Knockaert ------ Stephens ---- Norwood ---- Murphy
------------- Murray --------- Baldock -------------

Subs Uwe , Pog , Hemed , Skalak ,Sidwell , Maenpaa , Hunt

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He started his career as a left winger but I wasnt suggesting left wing more a defensive left midfield in a similar role to what LR performed on difficult away games last season but on right to give us more defensive capability and to score on the break. I would like TH to be fit to replace GM on about 55-60 mins.

The worst thing about this idea is that if Wigan is seen as a 'difficult away game' then we must be heading for mid-table mediocrity at best! Yes, by all means treat them with respect ('Anybody can beat anybody in this league' and all that) but 'difficult away games' should mean the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, not Wigan. Resting Knocky is a possible idea, with Murphy and Skalak on the wings, but not someone who has had next to no game time, and isn't as familiar with our team play, playing out of position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here