Ince - Andrews
Buckley - Barnes - Conway
Lita

Subs
Ankergren, El-Abd, Bruno, Chicksen, Lopez, Crofts, Barker

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope you don't mind me asking, but why would you rather play Greer than Upson? Can't figure that one out.

I watch the game. Upson has been terrible and cost us a lot more than Greer has. Plus he is struggling to kick the football to our players. Greer is our best centre back, Upson is off form and looking tired.

Ultimately though, they are both overexposed by our lack of tactical planning and organisation.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I watch the game. Upson has been terrible and cost us a lot more than Greer has. Plus he is struggling to kick the football to our players. Greer is our best centre back, Upson is off form and looking tired.

Ultimately though, they are both overexposed by our lack of tactical planning and organisation.

I watch the game as well; everyone this season except for QPR in fact.

Firstly, your point about organisation I have to agree with. Why our captain doesn't organise and motivate the team is beyond me. The only thing he does as captain is shout at others (especially Kuszczak) when he himself makes the mistakes. Instead, it's left to a Bolton player on loan to organise, which is shocking in my opinion.

After watching Greer's performances carefully this season, I have come to the conclusion that he's too slow to keep up with the slowest strikers in the league, he backs off way too much, bottles headers and comes across all 'big man' without actually putting a tackle in. Don't even get me started on his passing. Whenever there's a long ball to be played, he decides to pass to Upson. Whenever there's no long ball to be played, he hoofs it up the field. Woeful passing and decision making.

Upson can actually win a header, make a challenge and use the little pace he has to at least keep up with the players. He's also not lazy, unlike others.

Greer needs to be dropped and the armband needs to go to someone else. People seem to forget the El-Abd and Upson partnership at the end of last season. Was completely solid. Greer is a liability.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Kuszczak
Calderon
Greer
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Forster-Caskey
Crofts
Conway
Lita
March

Subs
Bruno
Ince
Barker
ElAbd
Buckley
Ankergren
Dickensen or Barnes

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Kuszczak
Calderon
Greer
Upson
Ward
Andrews
Forster-Caskey
Crofts
Conway
Lita
March

Subs
Bruno
Ince
Barker
ElAbd
Buckley
Ankergren
Dickensen or Barnes

Yes, my pick exactly. The only doubt is JFC or Buckley. Think I'd go for JFC. Would love to see Solly given a start.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I watch the game as well; everyone this season except for QPR in fact.

Firstly, your point about organisation I have to agree with. Why our captain doesn't organise and motivate the team is beyond me. The only thing he does as captain is shout at others (especially Kuszczak) when he himself makes the mistakes. Instead, it's left to a Bolton player on loan to organise, which is shocking in my opinion.

After watching Greer's performances carefully this season, I have come to the conclusion that he's too slow to keep up with the slowest strikers in the league, he backs off way too much, bottles headers and comes across all 'big man' without actually putting a tackle in. Don't even get me started on his passing. Whenever there's a long ball to be played, he decides to pass to Upson. Whenever there's no long ball to be played, he hoofs it up the field. Woeful passing and decision making.

Upson can actually win a header, make a challenge and use the little pace he has to at least keep up with the players. He's also not lazy, unlike others.

Greer needs to be dropped and the armband needs to go to someone else. People seem to forget the El-Abd and Upson partnership at the end of last season. Was completely solid. Greer is a liability.

Fair post, but I think Upson has been worse. El-Abd replacing either of them would be easily justifiable and personally, I think it is time. Although our defence isn't really what is letting the team down.

I honestly think our players just need to relax a bit, feel a bit more free. Far easier said than done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Koosh

Bruno---Greer---Upson---Calde

Buckley--Andrews--Crofts--Conway

--------Ward----Lita------------

What's the worst that can happen, that hasn't happened already.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Koosh

Bruno---Greer---Upson---Calde

Buckley--Andrews--Crofts--Conway

--------Ward----Lita------------

What's the worst that can happen, that hasn't happened already.

Why play both Calderon and Ward out of position when here are other choices, when there is no guarantee of their ability to play there. No logic

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why play both Calderon and Ward out of position when here are other choices, when there is no guarantee of their ability to play there. No logic
Ward isn't out of position that's where he started.
Calderon is a better option than Chicken and Maxi.

Oh and it's not the most serious of teams, hence the 'what's the worst that can happen' comment.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
---------Ankergren-----------------
David--El abd--Maksimenko--Chicksen
------------Ince-------------------
--------JFC-----Crofts-------------
Barker--------------------March
------------Barnes-----------

Taking into account our rate of injuries.

actually that looks quite an interesting line up...!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Kuszczak
Calderon Greer Upson Ward
Ince
JFC Crofts
Buckley Barnes Conway​

Subs: Brezovan, El-Abd, Maksimenko, Andrews, March, Lita & Barker.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
----------------- Kuszczak ------------------
Bruno ----- Greer ----- Upson ------ Ward
Buckley ----Andrews-----Crofts--- Conway
------------ Lita ------- Barnes ------------

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Time for a bit of passion put El Abd alongside Upson

Other requests ... leave Spanish at the training ground, give Lita a try (what have we got to lose?), crock Agustien if anywhere near recovering, tell Buckley he performs or back to Rochdale

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Time for a bit of passion put El Abd alongside Upson

Other requests ... leave Spanish at the training ground, give Lita a try (what have we got to lose?), crock Agustien if anywhere near recovering, tell Buckley he performs or back to Rochdale

Bit unfair to leave Dave over at lancing ...its quite exposed at the mo and what with the wind and the rain

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
May I ask why El-Abd? I think the experience and partnership Greer and Upson have built over the past year has been very strong. This is going to be a game where we want an ultra-tight defence and El-Abd last season was caught out a few times.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
----------------Kuszczak------------------
---Calde-------El Abd-----Upson----Ward--
-----------------Ince---------------------
---------Andrews-------Crofts------------
---LuaLua---------------------Barnes-----
-----------------Lita----------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here