Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Villa

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You could well be right. It would be a bit harsh on Murphy though who was just about our best player at Bristol. I guess it depends if we need someone to run at their defence (Murphy) or deliver the killer crosses (Skalak) .

I'd be happy with either.
I think Skalak might be seen as harder working and better defensively than Murphy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Skalak might be seen as harder working and better defensively than Murphy.

Agreed. Adomah down that side is a threat - Skalak to get the nod, as he offers Bong more protection than Murphy.

Its a bit harsh on Murphy, but I also prefer, him on as sub for Jiri, than the opposite, as Murphy more likely to CHANGE a game, if we're not winning.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that there is a reasonable chance of Pocognoli being on the bench in case of a threat from Adhomah as he could fill in with Bong easier than a natural wide man.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murphy much more suited for away fixtures in my opinion, bit more room to play in and hit on the counter with his pace.

Horses for courses with Skalak and Murphy, one thing is for sure though, they both will have to maintain good form with Solly being fit again to apply even more pressure.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think solly will be starting id keep it the same as just ease him back in with a little 20 mins

I agree. Madness to start him, and change the shape of the side after four straight wins.

He needs to be eased back in very slowly, a few minutes here, and a few more minutes there. He has been out for very nearly a year, and to rush him could be a very big mistake.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
It's a shame it doesn't feel that long ago we couldn't wait for him to return from injury!
Shows how far this team has improved and grown! :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I still think LuaLua could be an important impact sub. It may take an injury for him to get that chance but it was only a year or so ago he was quality again for us before that injury...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
-------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno ------ Duffy --------- Dunk ------ Bong
Knockaert -- Stephens -- Sidwell -- March
--------------- Baldock -- Murray --------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Pocognoli, Goldson, Norwood, Skalak, Murphy, Hemed

Oh my. Also available (or nearly available) for selection: Hunt, Hunemeier, Ince, Towell, LuaLua, Manu.
Probably available for selection in December: Kayal.
Probably available for selection in January: Rosenior.
Probable extra recruitment for January: (at least) A N Other Striker.

We are looking strong. At present. The future might be different.

March did nowhere near enough on Tuesday evening to put himself in contention for a start against Villa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here