Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Tuesday

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm not a massive fan of Dicker, but on yesterday's performance it would be hard to drop him. I'd be happy with the same team, hopefully with Vincente on the bench.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I was saying he does create chances and where you typically find him doesn't matter - you can help open up an opponent and create chances without leaving the centre circle.

Listen, we totally disagree and I'm not going to resort to suggesting that you don't understand the game as I am sure you do, but you seem to really have it in for Dicker and I cannot understand why. Can you do me a favour? If you are going on Tuesday, can you WATCH his contribution to the game? In particular, the players who do create "assists" as you call them (Noone, LuaLua, Buckley, Vicente etc), can you watch where they get the ball from in the first place? I suspect you will be amazed how many times it is Dicker.
What yesterday he passed forwards for once,midfielders should score and his record is terrible throughout his career,if you actually believe dicker is key when we attack then you're deluded.He's league 1 at best.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
What yesterday he passed forwards for once,midfielders should score and his record is terrible throughout his career,if you actually believe dicker is key when we attack then you're deluded.He's league 1 at best.

Gus uses Dicker to control the tempo of the game when we are in possession. Important role and he is probably only player in the squad who can do it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Dicker may be dropped. I think it will be Bridcutt with Crofts doing the box to box running and Vicente at the top. I reckon that will be the only changes.

I hope you're right. I just don't see Gus dropping Dicker, especially as he played quite well yesterday (according to most).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would have thought we would stick to the same system. This means Vicente for Dicker, and Buckley for Noone.

I think Dicker is too right footed which means the opponents know what he is going to do and he can be dispossessed too easily. Not so Crofts.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
- - - - - - - - Cootshack - - - - - - - - -
BRUNO - EL-ABD - GREER - BRIDGE
Noone-Crofts - BRIDCUTT - - LUALUA
- - - - - Barnes - Adgestein - - - - - - -

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
---------Kuszczak-----------

Bruno Greer El Abd Bridge

------Bridcutt Crofts-------

Buckley-------------Lua Lua

-------CMS Zamora----------

Not going to happen but if it did what a team that would be and the bench would be fantastic

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Kuzcszak
Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bridge
Buckley, Crofts, Vicente, Bridcutt, Barnes
Mackail-Smith

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think its pretty much a certainty that the team will be the same as Hull's last Saturday.

Only change to squad being Vicente in the subs.

BHACole17

Feb 5, 2012
---------- Kooshak --------------
Bruno - El Abd - Greer - Bridge
----------- Bridcutt --------------
-------- Crofts - Dicker ----------
Barnes ----- CMS ------ Vicente

I can see Gus doing this, dropping Noone for Vicente on wing. If he doesn't, the starting 11 will be unchanged from Saturday with Vicente and Buckley on the bench to bring on after injurys.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I rarely manage to successfully guess Gus's team selections but I would put some money on there being no change with Vicente on the subs bench. There is a potentially vital game on Saturday (particularly if things go wrong today) and Gus may want to help his availability for that. Note he is being cautious about Buckley too.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
---------- Kuszczak -----------
Bruno - Greer -- El-Abd - Bridge
----------- Bridcutt -----------
-------- Crofts - Dicker -------
--------------------- Vicente -
-- Barnes --- CMS -----------

This maybe?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Suspect that may be it but with Barnes more withdrawn and Vicente in a free (ish) role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here