Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] team for tuesday against huddersfield

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will Kayal be ok to play given the groin injury he went off with ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whatever the team is, and for the rest of the season, I would play O'Grady instead of Best.

O'Grady plays for the team and needs a decent run of games in preparation for pre and next season. There is no reason to play Best anymore unless Hughton, I fear, is considering keeping him. We haven't really seen the CMS and O'Grady combo and I think they would compliment each other.
Hughton seemed pretty p****d off with COG when he subbed him at half time at Rotherham, by all accounts, so it's maybe COG we won't be seeing again, not Best. Hope that doesn't indicate a forthcoming contract for Best though.
Desperate measure, I know, but I'd try putting Halford up front. All our strikers, no matter how good or bad they really are, must all be so low on confidence, and all equally unlikely to score.

troy

Feb 22, 2009
Walton
Calderon Halford Greer Bennett
Kayal
Stephens Ince
Tex CMS
Lua Lua (could convert as a pacey striker)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton seemed pretty p****d off with COG when he subbed him at half time at Rotherham, by all accounts, so it's maybe COG we won't be seeing again, not Best. Hope that doesn't indicate a forthcoming contract for Best though.
Desperate measure, I know, but I'd try putting Halford up front. All our strikers, no matter how good or bad they really are, must all be so low on confidence, and all equally unlikely to score.

COG didn't sound that bad in the first half at Rotherham but he was being left more and more isolated as the game went on. If it were a choice of Best or O'Grady not scoring I'd rather see COG play and not score, because at least he can hold the ball up and bring his team mates into play. I would be disappointed if Best was considered part of the future.

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
I would go with :-

Walton, Bruno, Greer, Hughes, Bennett, Kayal, Stephens, Lua Lua, Tex, Carayol, Halford.

If Kayal is injured I would put Ince in his place.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Tell Best it's an away game, send a taxi for him and drive him as far away from Brighton as possible. ( trouble is, I really think Hughton rates him).
Team- Walton, Bruno, Hughes, Halford, Calderon, Stephens, Kayal (if he's not fit, Holla) Texeira, Ince, O'Grady, Lua-Lua Subs-Stockdale, Dunk, Bennett, Greer, Carayol, JFC, CMS

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Just keep Best as far away from the pitch as possible.

That would make Best Bitter ....

It takes a good few pints of Harvey's to make me puke, but only about 10 minutes of watching the lazy Bstard showing how little he actually bothers, Best he certainly ain't, and his name has to be one of the most ironic names a player has ever had.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Halford
Calderon

Ince
Kayal
Stephens

Lua Lua
O'Grady
Carayol

Subs

Walton
Dunk
Rea
CMS
JFC
DS lads

What is the point in playing any of the loans unless they could sign for us at the end of the season?

Harford and Carayol are possibles to sign, so stay in. Bennett not good enough especially for the money it would take. Tex would cost too much. The rest are shite. I would send them back now.

As soon as we are mathematically safe I would try and blood as many of the DS lads as possible. CMS can have 5 mins against Watford to say goodbye, the rest have offered nothing and deserve nothing...

Major surgery needed and evaluation of our own squad is now needed to identify what is needed for next season...

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I would go with the below (if all available)

............................Stockdale

.....Calde......Halford......Greer......Bennett

.........................Kayal....Holla

..............................O'Grady
.......LuaLua.................................Tex
................................CMS

mikeyapps

Jun 1, 2008
Stockdale
Bruno Halford Hughes Calderon
Carayol Stephens Kayal JFC Lua Lua
O'Grady