Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team for......TODAY

Stumpy Tim

It would be incredibly harsh to drop CMS after last weekend, especially as Colunga played 120 minutes on Tuesday night. I would think something like:

Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Bennett
Holla
JFC - Gardener
Baldock - Joao
CMS

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It would be incredibly harsh to drop CMS after last weekend, especially as Colunga played 120 minutes on Tuesday night. I would think something like:

Stockdale
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Bennett
Holla
JFC - Gardener
Baldock - Joao
CMS

Cannot see baldock playing in behind cms for one second. Either will play, not both imo

Stockdale
Bruno
Bennett
Greer
Dunk
Holla
Tex
Gardner
Colunga
Jfc
Baldock

Last edited:

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
stockdale
bruno-greer-dunk-bennet
holla-gardener
colunga texieria
cms baldock
this 3-0 job done

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
stockdale
bruno-greer-dunk-bennet
holla-gardener
colunga texieria
cms baldock
this 3-0 job done
lol

What no O'Grady?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I would expect the same side that beat Bolton except for 1 (Calde dropped, Bruno to midfield, Gardner in).
However, in view of the work that was put into Baldock surely he is now no:1 and will replace CMS?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think we'll start with the same starting eleven as last week. We'll have Baldock, Colunga and Gardner on the bench with Casper and 3 others (Chicksen, Hughes and Ince probably). After that it will depend on how we do. I expect Gardner to replace JFC at some time (prob 60 mins) and Colunga to replace Calderon if we struggle. Baldock may replace Tex or CMS later on - especially if we're winning.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Difficult to pick the team with all the options we have now. Might be a bit easier due to the fact that players played 120mins on Tuesday. So with Greer, Stockdale, Tex, Bruno, CMS and Bennett having a rest, i would think they will be definite starters. Probably Calde and JFC will be rested and Colunga may be on the bench with O'Grady out completely.
So the six rested to start and whoever looks lively in training to make up the other 5.
Mind you with a break coming up my theory might be out the window.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What do you lot think to stockdale? After all the hype in his early career I was very underwhelmed when we had him. It seemed any shot on target went in the net, which was evident when we tonked Fulham 6-0 last season. He should have stopped at least half of those goals.

He seems particularly weak with shots to his left side.

Too early to say but I'm encouraged so far. Not much he could have done about the goals scored by Weds, Brum and Bolton, and very little to do other than that (really has barely had a save to make apart from coming for the odd cross which he has done completely confidently). Distribution is better (quicker and more accurate), than TK from what I have seen, he is much more commanding (more obviously shouting at the back four) and seems like a very engaging team man (never seen TK walk across and hug every other team mate pre kick-off like Dave did against Bolton).

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Go for it with flair.....

------------- Stockdale -------------
Bruno --- Greer -- Dunk --- Bennett
-------- Holla ------ Gardner --------
-------------- Texieria ---------------
Colunga ----- Baldock ---------- CMS

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A great poisition to be in with numerous options. I think CMS will start with either Colunga or Baldock on the bench. I would also play Gardener instead of Crofts. So for me:

..........................Stockdale...........................
Calderon/Bruno..........Greer.........Dunk...........Bennett
...........................Holla...............................
Teixeira...............Gardener.................JFC
...........................Colunga......................
...........................CMS............................

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1409394891.286321.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1409394891.286321.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 92

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Stockdale

Calderon
Dunk
Greer
Bennett

Holla
Gardener

Bruno
Texeira
Colunga

Baldock

That's my random guess, I have no clue tbh.

Mar 2, 2014
Not picking who I think Hyypia will go for, but who I would pick.

Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Bennett
Holla Forster-Caskey
Colunga Teixeira Mackail-Smith
Baldock​

Subs
Walton, Hughes, Chicksen, Crofts, Gardner, LuaLua, O'Grady

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Memories that don't last a week! Key to our win last week were the performances of Bruno and Calderon who are really bonding well together and CMS. CMS scored a goal, would have scored another but for a world class save from Bogdan, was within a foot of the goal with an overhead kick and was a general menace to Bolton.

We have made some good signings but evolution is the key and for any team facing us, if they can resist for the first 60 minutes, they are not going to relish the last 30 with what will be on our bench.

Start Calderon, Bruno and CMS today to maintain that momentum but things will change as the season develops. I am happy that Hypia has the confidence and decisiveness to have a plan B and C and to make the necessary changes.

Charlotte will not be looking forward to this afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here