Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sanchez
Veltman Duffy Dunk
Lamptey Moder Bissouma Cucurella
Mwepu
Maupay Trossard

They play 2 up so probably worth having extra insurance at the back. Moder and Bissouma looks a solid midfield pair so I'd like to see them get a run of games. Mac Allister would be my preference for the number 10 role, but he's a bit too attacking for Potter so it'll probably be the Computer instead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's interesting seeing people talk about the three recent losses not being major problems, and I agree with them.

As we get to this point in the season, I do wonder whether this is the dividend for having a competitive squad rather than relying heavily on 2 or 3 big hitters. Other similar sized clubs are bound to have their own injury problems but I bet they don't have the same depth of cover as we do.

Then again, perhaps this is easy to say when one of our injured players isn't Neal Maupay!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez
Veltman-Duffy-Dunk
Lamptey-Moder-Mwepu-Bissouma-Cucurella
Trossard
Maupay

I think that’s the best team we can put out at the moment.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Aaron Connolly comes into the squad for Southampton to cover for injuries after originally being pencilled in for a game against Liverpool U-23's tomorrow (Fri).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez
Lampty Veltman Dunk Cucurella
Bissouma
Moder Mwepu McC
Maupay Trossard

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sanchez
Lamptey, Veltman, Duffy, Dunk, Cucurella
Bissouma, Mwepu,
Trossard, Maupay, March

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sanchez

Veltman, Duffy, Dunk

Lamptey, Bissouma, Gross, Cucurella

Moder, Trossard

Maupay

... is the most likely one, I would imagine. Possibly March for Moder or Gross.

I'm a little bit curious what the bench is going to look like now when five players are injured.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We have to persist with Moder and Biss in CM. Put faith in Moder who has bucket loads of ability and let them get some rhythm together. Felt like Biss was a bit bolder yesterday as he knows Moder is mobile.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
According to Mr potter today lamptey could be on the bench again

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
A lot of what Mr Potter says in his press briefings turns out not to be the case.
Why would he tell the Southampton manager who he is going to play on Saturday?
He mentioned the injured players not being available but that was rather obvious from the TV pictures

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have to persist with Moder and Biss in CM. Put faith in Moder who has bucket loads of ability and let them get some rhythm together. Felt like Biss was a bit bolder yesterday as he knows Moder is mobile.

Moder is deceptively quick too.

He ran through the Leeds defence onto a ball, got there first and hit the angle of the crossbar and post. It was really interesting when he hit the afterburners and outpaced the Leeds players, he had another gear.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Though still decent.

Welbeck is an outside shout for a place on it. Hopefully those training videos are an indication that he's thereabouts

Potter said last week Welbeck was ‘close to training with the team’ didn’t he so wouldn’t think we’ll see him just yet ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A lot of what Mr Potter says in his press briefings turns out not to be the case.
Why would he tell the Southampton manager who he is going to play on Saturday?

The idea that managers are always being clever when they announce who is injured and in press conferences really isn't the case.
Potter is nearly always correct (as of the time of the interview) as to availability , injuries and he often confirms that players will be in the squad in advance (eg: Connolly this week) .
But if Albion fans - on this thread - can't predict the team, and then if even we know the team, we can't predict the formation ...then i doubt he's given too much away to Ralph by confirming that Adam Webster is back or not back.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The idea that managers are always being clever when they announce who is injured and in press conferences really isn't the case.
Potter is nearly always correct (as of the time of the interview) as to availability , injuries and he often confirms that players will be in the squad in advance (eg: Connolly this week) .
But if Albion fans - on this thread - can't predict the team, and then if even we know the team, we can't predict the formation ...then i doubt he's given too much away to Ralph by confirming that Adam Webster is back or not back.
I agree, but usually when he mentions players who have been injured, he'll either confirm they are definitely out, or they are back in training and have a chance to make the squad. Connolly has been in that category for the last few weeks.
But Potter is usually very cautious about bringing players straight back from injuries, look at Biss who sat on the bench for a few games before being recalled, Lamptey the same, and to a lesser extent Burn and Webster have been unused subs after injuries.
The difference with Connolly is Potter knows he desperately needs another attacking option in the lead up to Christmas, and getting Connolly some game time with U23s would have been a better option than bench warming at Southampton.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here