Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Smash And Grab at Chelsea

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think we need to ensure we are at full strength for the Newcastle and Bournemouth games where we need to take 4 points to contain the teams below us. So playing Dunk is a risk in case he gets booked/injured so that might me BFG coming in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we need to ensure we are at full strength for the Newcastle and Bournemouth games where we need to take 4 points to contain the teams below us. So playing Dunk is a risk in case he gets booked/injured so that might me BFG coming in.
We have just had the card amnesty. Albion players now need to reach 10 yellows or get a red in the game for suspension.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Abramovich and co should be preparing for one helluva beating

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Perhaps it would be a good idea to start Conor Goldson !
Having no great expectations from the game against Chelski, it would be a wonderful opportunity to give CG further game time against a top side, useful for the future when he may have to deputise in the event of injury to LD or SD.
Thought he was brilliant on Saturday so would not exactly be taking a massive risk.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
My preference would be to go for a change in formation. I think persisting with 2 wingers is hurting us as they’re not providing the same attacking threat as last season and at times I feel the game passes them by. The delivery of early and good quality balls into the box are rare so I’d like to see the usual defence with Kayal back in midfield alongside Stephens & Propper with Gross and Baldock playing tucked in either side behind Hemed or Murray, with Knockaert and March on the bench. Based on his performance on Saturday I would say Hemed deserves another start.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’re in a really great position. A practically full squad to chose from and on the back of a great win against Watford, 1-0 flattered them.

The fitness guys will know exactly where everyone is physically and if any of the players needs resting. Hughton will have had them scouted and will have a plan, there won’t be any surprises from Chelsea as they’ll look at this game as a routine win against the divisions fodder.

Fitness allowing I wouldn’t change any of the back 5, they played well. Stephens, Propper, Knockaert and Gross all play if ok. That leaves a straight decision between Hemed and Murray and March and Izquerdo (Brown not eligible). My guess:

Ryan
Bruno-Goldson-Dunk-Suttner
Knockaert-Stephens-Propper-March
Gross
Murray​

So one change, Murray for Hemed, playing as a lone striker is knackering so a fresh Murray (useful at defending set pieces too) would help us. March is good at helping out the full back, we’ll be under pressure for long periods.

Subs: Krul, Duffy, Bong, Hemed, Kayal, Izquerdo, Baldock.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Goldson Dunk Suttner
Kayal Stephens Pröpper
Gross
Murray​

Subs
Krul; Schelotto, Hünemeier; Knockaert, Izquierdo, Brown; Hemed

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Southampton nearly nicked a point at Chelsea playing 5-4-1. So -

Ryan
Bruno, Goldson, Duffy, Dunk, Bong
Kayal, Propper, Stephens, Gross
Hemed.

Bring Murray on at 60mins, Knockaert and Izquierdo at 75 to go for the win. Probably.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think that looks quite solid defensively and if we could nick a goal who knows!!

Looks very solid, also looks very pedestrian. If we’re looking to sit back, soak it up and catch them on the break we need pace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here