Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Sheffield United (if there's anyone still fit)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Grimmitt
Cattlin
Wilson
Horton
Rollings
Cross
Towner
Ward
Mellor
Piper
O'Sullivan

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steele
Veltman-Van Hecke-Igor-Samuels
Groß-Baleba-Gilmour
Fati-Pedro-Mitoma
Samuels looked pretty good at FGR on Tuesday, he’s raw and inexperienced but I think he’d slot in really well in his favoured position during this injury crisis.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Steele
Veltman-Van Hecke-Igor-Samuels
Groß-Baleba-Gilmour
Fati-Pedro-Mitoma
Samuels looked pretty good at FGR on Tuesday, he’s raw and inexperienced but I think he’d slot in really well in his favoured position during this injury crisis.
I know it's a squad game and all that, but it really wouldn't look good to Webster if he couldn't get into an injury ridden defence. Maybe play Webster, Van Hecke and Igor, with Veltman and Samuels as wing-backs (a little less pressure on young Samuels on his debut that way) - but is de Zerbi likely to go three at the back? - and do we need to pack the defence against Sheffield United?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know it's a squad game and all that, but it really wouldn't look good to Webster if he couldn't get into an injury ridden defence. Maybe play Webster, Van Hecke and Igor, with Veltman and Samuels as wing-backs (a little less pressure on young Samuels on his debut that way) - but is de Zerbi likely to go three at the back? - and do we need to pack the defence against Sheffield United?
That’s the conundrum for De Zerbi, but wouldn’t it be great if Samuels came in and did a decent job for us! We’d have a fit back up in a problem position. Sheffield might be the ideal game to give him a go.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That’s the conundrum for De Zerbi, but wouldn’t it be great if Samuels came in and did a decent job for us! We’d have a fit back up in a problem position. Sheffield might be the ideal game to give him a go.
As you say, a conundrum! Wouldn't be unhappy if Samuels is given a chance though.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Four players at the back who are comfortable at centre back? I’m not so sure we need that sort of defensive expertise against Sheff Utd. Time to 3-5-2 again.

———————-Steele———————-
—-Webster—-Van Hecke—-Igor———-
Adringa—Groß—Baleba—Gilmour—Fati
—————Lallana—-Pedro—————

Moder to have some minutes too.
Webster over Veltman?
Seriously

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Given the injuries, I would go with

--------Verbruggen

Veltman - Van Hecke - Igor - Gross

-------Baleba - Gilmour-Lallana

Adringa - Ferguson - Mitoma

With some strong substitutions in Dahoud, Joao Pedro and Fati if/when needed.

Edit: Think @Sir-Len has a point. Bit cocky only turning up with 10 men.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here