Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team For Sheff Utd

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not one person would of called them changes yesterday if this was a real lottery this would be another rollover for the 27th time huge jackpot . Was having this discussion on way home for a laugh all going to put money in pot and play the new exciting game of guess the team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
————————-Ryan———————
Lamptey—Duffy-Dunk—Bernard
———Stephens———Pröpper———-
- Persian Ali—Maupay—Alzate-
———————-Murray——————-

Maybe Mooy for Stephens

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
————————Ryan———————-
———Duffy——Dunk——Burn————
Schelotto———-Alzate—————March
————-Pröpper———Bernardo———
———————MacAllister——————-
———————Maupay————————

Subs
Button
Montoya
Webster
Stephens
Mooy
Jahanbaksh
Murray

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
With my tin hat firmly in place..........should Button have a run in the side ? Lack of height is against Maty, imho .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
————————-Ryan———————
Lamptey—Webster—Dunk—Bernardo
———————Stephens——————
Jahanbakhsh—Propper—Alzate-March
————————Murray———————

Sheff Utd are physical and pack midfield. Stephen’s a must for the battle.

Duffy vs Webster is a difficult one - both have strengths, both have a clear weakness.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Duffy-Webster-Dunk
Lamptey-Stephens-Propper-March
Connolly-Maupay-Trossard​

3-4-3 Attack with pace.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I want us to match up their formation/system with 3 at the back for three reasons, I think it suits us, I still think we’ve got better players man for man and 4 at the back didn’t work against them at all at home:

Ryan

Webster - Dunk - Burn

March- Alzate - Propper - Bernardo

Mooy

Maupay - Trossard

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ryan
Webster - Duffy - Dunk - Burn
Alzate - Stephens - Propper - Bernardo
----------- Murray - Maupay---------------

I thought Potter showed great naivety in the home game v Sheff Utd. Everyone knows their physical MO but for some reason he sent out a formation that was easily overwhelmed in midfield - Wilder's very well drilled journeymen playing to 110% of their ability made us look the load of soft Southern jessies (that we mostly are). Very curious for Potter as a coach with a reputation for selecting teams/formations to suit each game.

So I see this as a one off game requiring a specific line-up and would play our big guys at the back, together with a combative midfield - with Alzate and Bernardo who can defend and also bomb forward.

Sheff Utd will offer a very physical, direct, pressing game. We didn't deal with Decoure running directly at 4-5 Albion players yesterday so we also need to show more grit and stand up to their physicality or we could get overwhelmed. IMHO sadly this is not the game to blood Lamptey or Mac Allister - or maybe from the bench if plan A doesn't work.

But who knows what's in the Tinkermans thinking...?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Alzate please in middle of the park...calmest player on the pitch for the time he was on and barely put a foot wrong

He got himself in trouble twice in or near the penalty area but regained control. As you said calmer player and unbelievable control of the ball. I would prefer to see him play most games as I think k there is s lot of talent there. I know a few on here would like to see more tangible evidence agree but that will happen if we play him more in one settle position. I also thought Ali J needs to play from start based on his contribution yesterday and previous outings this year. I would also like to see Maupay & Murray start up front.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We should Hughton this one out for a point.
Pack the midfield.
Dale back in.
Maupay in.
Alzate in.
Montoya in.
Duffy in (just)
Greyhound out,.
Gross out.
Tross out.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
-Mooy (wearing 'Button' shirt)-
Maupay-Muzza-Connolly-Ali J
----------------Trossard-----------------
BDB----Webster----Duffy----Dunk
----------------Lamptey-------------------

1) This formation with players in these positions have not been tried yet.
2) Can't beat a bit of reverse Psychology.
3) No way wilder has set up/planned for this
4) Muzza/Connolly can't be worse than Duffy /Webster.

They won't know what's hit them.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan
Montoya Dunk Webster Burn
Propper Stephens Alzate
Ali J Murray March

This should allow us to match their three-man midfield whilst also possessing a threat in wide areas. Murray gives us that physical prescence and focal point up front when looking for an out ball. Do generally prefer Bernardo as a natural LB/LWB but I think Burn is the better option for this matchup. Lamptey will get his chance but I don't think this is the right game to blood him in. The likes of Tross, Maupay, Mooy, Gross give us options from the bench.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Ryan
Webster - Duffy - Dunk - Burn
Alzate - Stephens - Propper - Bernardo
----------- Murray - Maupay---------------

I thought Potter showed great naivety in the home game v Sheff Utd. Everyone knows their physical MO but for some reason he sent out a formation that was easily overwhelmed in midfield - Wilder's very well drilled journeymen playing to 110% of their ability made us look the load of soft Southern jessies (that we mostly are). Very curious for Potter as a coach with a reputation for selecting teams/formations to suit each game.

So I see this as a one off game requiring a specific line-up and would play our big guys at the back, together with a combative midfield - with Alzate and Bernardo who can defend and also bomb forward.

Sheff Utd will offer a very physical, direct, pressing game. We didn't deal with Decoure running directly at 4-5 Albion players yesterday so we also need to show more grit and stand up to their physicality or we could get overwhelmed. IMHO sadly this is not the game to blood Lamptey or Mac Allister - or maybe from the bench if plan A doesn't work.

But who knows what's in the Tinkermans thinking...?

Is that Webster at right back? I was thinking this yesterday as an option when Duffy/Dunk get the central spots.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Ryan
Webster Dunk Burn
Stephens
March Propper Alzate Mooy
Maupay Trossard

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So one thing nearly all of us are agreed on is no Gross. Only one poster has him in their side and to be honest, I’m surprised it’s that many.

WTF has happened to him this season?! So sad to see a player I previously thought we might struggle to keep hold of for long decline this much. Also a massive pity as his dead ball delivery is superb but in open play he’s just a liability these days and he can’t justify a starting place on set pieces alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here