Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team FOR Rotherham

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We definitely won't leave Knockaert out (as some people seem to be suggesting resting him) but I wouldn't be surprised to see him missing one of the league away games as he's not as consistent away from home and didn't have a great game at Derby.

Just chuckling to myself imagining the carnage on here if Knocky was rested at Newcastle :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be fair, some are saying rest him on this thread. My thoughts are based on him not being as effective away from home so going with Skalak and Murphy instead. Doubt it will happen though, especially as he probably won't play at Oxford.

If we need to rest Knockaert then for the sanity of the fans it may be best to start him then sub him off early :lolol:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Stockdale doesn't play and is then fit on Saturday . Good excuse to give Maenpaa a run out early in the season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last season

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958877/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Rotherham

We won the aerial duels in the middle of the park with Hünemeier leading the way with 9 headers. Gestede did the same for Villa at the weekend with 17. This game I would like to see Dunk winning lots of headers. His form could be important. Hemed as well.

Mattock (remember him) was roasted at left back by Villa (hearsay).

Even of we keep the ball on he ground, it seems like Rotherham will loft it from keeper clearances and then it's a battle. So best to work an opening than try speculative long shots.

From what I remember Rotherham lofted and battled throughout. I remember that they could not keep the ball on the ground.

Villa said Rotherham huffed and puffed to no effect, but were physical in midfield. One school of thought says a midfielder Should have heading ability (how important?). Certainly should have ball winning ability and Dale Stephens should be a definite inclusion if fully fit.

We are the no home team and we should not worry unduly about how they play. PS: Reports say Villa were flattered to win 3-0 as they did not create much. However, I do not think this is a game for Lualua (shoots when he should pass) or Baldock (too small against a physical team).

Preview this season:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1084889/Preview

I would include Dale Stephens to start ahead of Sidwell.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Maenappa

Rosenior
Bong

BURNO
Dunk

Knockaert
Skalak
Stephens
Kayal

Murray
Hemed

Or will Sidwell keep his shirt ? Maybe SALTER on the bench ?
Murphy for Skalak for me (and of course Stockdale if he is fit) :thumbsup:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ideally the only change would be Stephens in for Sidwell. Hughton usually likes settled teams (aside from the odd mass change, which I wouldn't expect this early). Obviously a lot depends on Stockdale's fitness too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here