Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Reading

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The priority is 3 points next Saturday. Every selection decision made for Tuesday will reflect this.

We could very see a few U23s joining Hunt in the starting line up as we are short of fit wingers and strikers. I can't see the likes of the recovering duo, Baldock & March, risked for this game.

Baldock was fit on Saturday and travelled to Burton but Hughton preferred Manu to him in the squad. I expect both Baldock and Manu to start.

Hughton confirmed that March wouldn't be available last week.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Maenpaa
Hunt, Goldson, Uwe, Poco
Ince, Sidwell, Norwood
Manu, Murray, Baldock

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The priority is 3 points next Saturday.

Every match is a priority! As well as the league, I think it's important not to throw away cup matches by deliberately playing teams that are just too weakened - after all, the last 16 awaits the winner. After that, who knows? Second division sides can and have won this cup; a UEFA cup (or whatever it's called now) place is up for grabs.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Maenpaa
Hunt, Goldson, Uwe, Poco
Ince, Sidwell, Norwood
Manu, Murray, Baldock

I think he will stick with 442 if possible. Murray wont start. That back 5 seems v likely as does Norwood,Sidwell, Manu and Baldock. Just a question of whether we have any wingers available. Otherwise has to be 433 as you suggest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maenpaa
Hunte....Goldson.... Huniemier.....Pocognoli
Ward....Sidwell.....Norwood...Molumby
Manu.... Baldock.​

Subs: Ankergren, Murray, Murphy, Skalak, Stephens Hemed Ince

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We're short out wide at the moment so I'm guessing one of Skalak and Murphy will start, to be replaced by the other. I'd be surprised if we stayed 442 AND played Elvis & Baldock together - would be so lightweight. Can see it being 4231/443 myself, to get the other centre mids some game time and get the whole squad comfortable with playing a number 10.

4231:
Mäenpäa; Hunt, Goldson, Hünemeier, Pocognoli; Norwood, Ince; Skalak, Sidwell, Manu;
Murray.

Subs:
Ankergren, White, Bruno, Stephens, Murphy, Tilley, Baldock.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am not generally sorry just that our options up front after Sam Baldock is only Manu so an injury or suspension to Hemed Murray or Baldock and we are down to playing Manu that is why it is a sorry state of affairs.

Could ne worse - we could have had Leon Best, who was a free agent in the summer..................

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think he will stick with 442 if possible. Murray wont start. That back 5 seems v likely as does Norwood,Sidwell, Manu and Baldock. Just a question of whether we have any wingers available. Otherwise has to be 433 as you suggest.

Is Bjordal injured? Because he wouldn't be a bad one to bring in for that match.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off topic...unless I'm reading it wrongly not many tickets left in WSL and ESL...anyone know if they will open another area and if so what one,,,NS?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Pity the ticket sales are a bit slow, especially after a pretty good turn out yesterday. I am sure it will be similar should we win and were we to draw Man Utd at home next round, struggle to fill WSL and ESL.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
----------------------------Maenpaa--------------------------
Hunt---------Hunemeier----Goldson--------Pocognoli
------------------------------Ince-------------------------------
--------------------Norwood-----Sidwell--------------------
-----Manu----------------Baldock-----------------Harper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here