Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Preston.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
lol
Fully agree. At 1.5 million he should be good enough by now to get more playing time.

And who do you propose to drop to put him in the team... Hemed (1m), Baldock (1.5m), Murphy (1.5m) - and do you want to change a team that has put us 4 points clear in the hardest league in the world?

The fact he cost 1.5m is irrelevant - the fact we keep winning matches is... If we were losing then yes he should come in, start and see how he gets on...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am starting to wonder about this. CH has said that he is a good player but then would he say anything else? I accept that he might need time to adjust from Dutch football to that of our league, but surely not this long. OK, he may well be concentrating on weight training as he is rather small, but his lack of game time is worrying. As to the idea of getting used to UK football from Holland, did not Danny Holla play almost straight away, and was he not really impressive at Leeds last year? OK, the two players may be different, admittedly, but I am slowly starting to wonder if he is going to be this season's Toko. Hope that I am wrong. By now, if he really is that good, he would have been found a starting place.

We have 5 wingers competing for two places. March has done ok when covering and has tended to improve in the second half of games which is maybe one reason why he hasn't been subbed off. Rosenior has possibly surprised Hughton by the way he has slotted in as a winger with natural defensive qualities. I've a feeling he has made Hughton change the way he sets the side up just a little but it restricts things just a little bit more for Elvis who is purely an attacking player.
No doubt at all that his time will come but it's going to be mainly in the form of brief sub appearances for a while yet. Just the way it works sometimes :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Id still play Dunk - he just had a poor game. Was immense at Leeds..

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Hemed could do with a goal in this one. Looked like he might be lacking in confidence a bit against Bristol City.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Uwe
Bong

March
Stephens
Ince
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

I would go with this too, simply because PNE are beatable and we should attack them from the off - as we have done in our best games this season - and worry about the rest later. This would give the option of bringing on Rosenior in either DM or Wide positions later in the game as and when required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here