Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Can't believe how many of you have let Propper into your teams after his dismal display last night.

He was playing against much better players, yes, but that's no excuse to just switch off and decide not to even try.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Maybe just me but I don’t get the Burn left back thing
He’s to slow and not a full back especially as we have a decent one on the bench
I like Burn but not a fullback and it’s starting to become apparent

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Ryan

Lamptey Dunk Burn Bernardo

Bissouma

MacAllister Mooy/Gross Trossard

Connolly Maupay

We have always played better with two strikers. Bernardo is a genuine LB and I/ Potter prefers Burn to Duffy so play him! Biss has the class and energy to cover the centre so why burden him with Propper/ Stephens who always have a bad back pass/ studs up tackle in them. Trossard is our most skilful winger, MacAllister is worth persevering with and has the energy to play off the right and i don't mind whether its Gross or Mooy just let them play the central role without any pressure of tracking back. Its Norwich, lets go for it!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You're blaming him for not saving a hugely deflected shot? :facepalm:

Yes, a hugely deflected shot that bounced just in front of him (notoriously difficult for goalkeepers), and the first goal was also hit from c12 yards at decent pace through the legs of our defender (a recommended tactic for strikers as it means goalkeepers are unsighted).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can't believe how many of you have let Propper into your teams after his dismal display last night.

He was playing against much better players, yes, but that's no excuse to just switch off and decide not to even try.

He was awful, but I wouldn't accuse him of not trying. That doesn't stop him from being one of our better players, who is usually consistent.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
You're blaming him for not saving a hugely deflected shot? :facepalm:

Not blaming him as such, but saying he should have done better with both. He saved a wilder deflection in the second half which I expected would beat him. I don't think he's been brilliant this season. I would have thought he would do better with both of the first two goals. You can disagree, but that's my opinion. I think Stockdale in his pomp would have made the saves.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan was poor for the first two goals, nothing he can do about the third and he did make a couple of good saves when the game was over. I think there should be focus on whether we can get a better goalkeeper in the summer but he's the best we have for now.

Ryan
Lamptey Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Pröpper Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh Mac Allister Trossard
Maupay

Would be the team I would pick. Well balanced with good legs and energy throughout the team. We shouldn't do what we did last night and try to close the game for an hour and make it a 30 minute or 20 or 10 minute match. We should try and control the game from the start and get the game won. We have options to come off the bench but there is an argument that playing your best team
from the start does limit your options to change it later on.

I think I'd pick the same side but for Mooy ahead of Trossard from the start

I thought Ryan was poor for the first goal, and initially for the second, however the replay clearly shows a vicious deflection, and I think he did bloody well to readjust and get a hand to it, no doubt he'll be dissapointed with hime self which is what you want.

No ones saving the third , a world class pass from midfield, perfect cross and finish. We've seen worse in world cup finals

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
After feeling relaxed about our fear of relegation I've now woken up grumpy and know that my mood won't improve after Bournemouth take 3 points from Newcastle tonight.
At least we only have to wait until Saturday to get back to playing again.

Ryan

Lamptey - Webster - Dunk - Burn

Bissouma - Propper - Mooy

MacAllister

Maupay - Trossard

I like the shape of this team but would play Connolly instead of Trossard. I think Connolly and Maupay work well together and Trossard always looks so much better coming of the bench. The width would mostly come from the full backs in this formation so I'd be tempted to play Bernardo instead of Burn too. Although he's not played a minute since the restart so that seems unlikely. It would give us pace allover the pitch though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan
Lamptey Duffy Dunk Bernardo
Pröpper Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh Mac Allister Trossard
Maupay

This is the team selection I like.

I really do want to see Ali-J, Bernardo and Alzate get some minutes after yesterday’s shitshow.

Attacking subs of Mooy, March, Alzate, Schelotto and Murray could really change things up and present Norwich with new challenges.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
4-1-4-1 formation

Ryan

Lamptey
Duffy (think Webster is out for a while and the club are just covering it)
Dunk
Burn

Bissouma

March
MacAllister
Gross
Trossard

Maupay

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan

Lamptey -- Webster -- Dunk -- Burn

Bissouma -- Pröpper

Gross-- Trossard

Maupay- Connolly

Not a time for too much experimentation. Keep the youngsters back in the main for the 2nd half traditional change up. A game not to lose first and foremost...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Webster-Dunk-Burn
Lamptey-Propper-Bissouma-Bernardo
Groß-Mooy
Maupay​

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like the shape of this team but would play Connolly instead of Trossard. I think Connolly and Maupay work well together and Trossard always looks so much better coming of the bench. The width would mostly come from the full backs in this formation so I'd be tempted to play Bernardo instead of Burn too. Although he's not played a minute since the restart so that seems unlikely. It would give us pace allover the pitch though.

You weren't watching for the last ten minutes, then.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A game not to lose first and foremost...

Whilst I like your team selection, I disagree with your principle if by extension, it means we should go for a draw and be happy with a point.

Norwich is down, whether they take 3 points from us or not.

They’ll still be going for all 3 points and we should do too, it’s essential that we see good attacking intent rather than a battling but ultimately stifling type display that got us draws at Wolves and Sheff Utd. More of the same we saw at Watford away with those brilliantly attacking substitutions please.

A win would almost certainly see us safe, this is our easiest fixture remaining IMHO - let’s go for it!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can anyone explain why Bernardo took Dunks place and not Burn. Appreciate Potter likes Burn because he can head away corners and is an outlet for Ryans kicks but surely with Bernardo on field he is better at going forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here