Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Norwich

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone else agree with me it's really difficult? Poyet obviously likes Navarro, who is still an effective player if played in the right position. Against Millwall, he was the deepest of the midfield 4 and he was outstanding, tonight he was playing in the same area as Crofts, and was less effective. I hate the narrow 3 in the centre with Dicker hovering on the left, but I think 4-4-2 is the way to go. Crofts scores goals and he's our captain, his place is assured. But it should be one of Navarro or Dicker alongside him, not both. Dicker is a better player in my opinion, but Poyet prefers Navarro in the centre. If Crofts plays in an advanced role and lets Navarro play his natural game, which he's still very good at, then he's the right partner for Crofts, and it should work. I think we need the two wingers on the pitch, and we need to get the ball into their feet, which would be easier if our central midfielders weren't in the same space making it easy for them both to be picked up. Patterns of play is crucial in a midfield, and tonight ours just weren't right, we weren't supporting the front two and our central two were far too tight together and not giving the defence many options for the short pass.

All that said, I would play this team;

Kuipers
Calderon Virgo Elphick Painter
Bennett Crofts Navarro LuaLua
Murray Holroyd

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Navarro was still pretty effective tonight in snubbing out a couple of very dangerous looking breaks by having the nous to spot the danger and cover on the flanks when we'd been caught forward. Sounds simple, but not many midfielders do it properly. I'd have said on the evidence of the Orient game that if one of the midfield 3 was to step down, then Dicker was the right choice. Could change for Saturday, but against Norwich of all teams we could do with someone in there with good defensive instincts. They're a cut above everyone - even Leeds - scoring-wise.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Not sure if we can play two wingers against the league leaders. Crofts is captain and has had a good season and also scores goals. Navarro improves with every game and his defensive qualities protecting an ever improving back four will be needed against the Canaries. Lua Lua will play because he will be our unknown weapon. The choice lies between Bennett and Dicker. I seem to be in the minority in thinking that Dicker was MOM at Orient and when he and Murray came on this evening there was a distinct improvement. Dicker offers guile and nous and can also defend linking up well with the very dependable Painter. For me it has to be Dicker in a game of this importance. Bring Bennett on if we are chasing the game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I seem to be in the minority in thinking that Dicker was MOM at Orient and when he and Murray came on this evening there was a distinct improvement. Dicker offers guile and nous and can also defend linking up well with the very dependable Painter. For me it has to be Dicker in a game of this importance. Bring Bennett on if we are chasing the game.

Agrred. I think I may be in the minority here as well in that I don't rate Bennett one iota. He's supposed to be winger yeah? Then how come 90% of the time he receives the ball he either stops and plays it back whence it came, or stops and plays it sideways, or cuts inside and plays it square.

OI, BENNETT! Take your man on, get to the byline and get a bloody cross in.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
This is a game of of opinions;
Kuipers
Calderon, Elphick, Virgo, Painter
Bennett, Navarro, Dicker, Lualua
Murray, Holroyd

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kuipers

Calderon Virgo Elphick Painter

Lua Lua Crofts Navarro Dicker

Murray Holroyd

Lua Lua on the left, Bennett on the right and Dicker on the bench. Otherwise the same.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuipers (gk)

Calderon (rb)
Virgo (cb)
Painter (lb)

Navarro (swp)

Bennett (rw)
Dicker (cm)
Crofts (cm)
Lua Lua (lw)

Holroyd (f)
Murray (f)

3-1-4-2. Or same as last night with Murray for Dickinson and Lua Lua for Carole.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Kuipers (gk)

Calderon (rb)
Virgo (cb)
Painter (lb)

Navarro (swp)

Bennett (rw)
Dicker (cm)
Crofts (cm)
Lua Lua (lw)

Holroyd (f)
Murray (f)

3-1-4-2. Or same as last night with Murray for Dickinson and Lua Lua for Carole.

I like that team :)

Navarro will be a head of dicker

My dirty mind is working overtime!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here