Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Newport

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well Oscar already said at fans forum the first X1 wont be playing. Must have done wonders for ticket sales. Just hope Barnes is relegated and playing on Tuesday. Could really be the difference if we do anything this season.

No, he said he would put a team out to WIN the game and as players may be tired, DS players may feature.

People need to shake off the Poyet mentality of not taking cups seriously.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Kuszczak
Calderon ~ Ince ~ Dunk ~ Maksimenko
Agustien ~ Bridcutt ~ Forster-Caskey
March ~ Barker ~ Barnes

Bench: Ankergren, El-Abd, Richards, Lopez, Orlandi, Ulloa, Buckley.​

Or something.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Remember we are short of players a the moment and cannot afford injuries and suspensions.... My guess would be half of the team that played today will no be involved...

Spanish Dave and KA I'd play for fitness sakes, No way would I Play Ulloa as we cannot afford any injury to our key man..

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I would think that he will play most of the first team to get a win under their belts.

Absolutely.

Judging from a first defeat of season in a tricky away game and some of the subsequent opinions on here. A reserve side and a defeat to an over-motivated new league club, which would become a possibility if we mess about, would if nothing else send this forum into meltdown...

Judging by the DS result today at home to Southampton I would think other than those on the bench today none will be considered good enough, even against a conference side.
... ahem ...

we're not playing against a conference side though, are we?
No. We're playing the team that is currently TOP of League Two.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely.

Judging from a first defeat of season in a tricky away game and some of the subsequent opinions on here. A reserve side and a defeat to an over-motivated new league club, which would become a possibility if we mess about, would if nothing else send this forum into meltdown...

Given that we lost our first league game at Hull last year and went out of the League Cup 3-0 at Swindon, it doesn't quite seem worth anyone getting flustered, whatever the result.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
I would definitely play Bruno, he might start to learn how to use his brain again, had an absolute shocker yesterday, then at least Calderon might get a bit of rest on the bench

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
could we play Dickenson up top

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Kuszsack

Calderon
El-Abd
Greer
Makisimenko

Bridcutt
Crofts
JFC

KLL

Barnes
Ulloa

Subs
Brezovan
Upson
Kemy
Dave
Orlandi
March
Buckley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that he starts with Maksimenko at left back and Agustein in midfield to give them both match practice, obviously for different reasons and other than that as near a first team as possible, possibly resting Kuszczak and Ulloa if he doesnt want to play a complete first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here