Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Newcatle

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Problems for RDZ to solve.

1. Fix the lack of pace/cover at right back.
2. Replace injured Welbeck.
3. We have Messi’s replacement at the club but he can’t play this particular game 😯
4. Missing the magic of Enciso
5. Where are we at with the goalkeeper rotation?
6. Is Igor ready?
7. Will Baleba make the bench?
8. Does Webster have a rest?

Think this could be the team:

———————-Verbruggen——————-
Veltman——-Dunk———Igor——Estupinan
—————Groß———-Gilmour—————
Adingra————-Pedro—————Mitoma
———————-Ferguson———————

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

3. We have Messi’s replacement at the club but he can’t play this particular game 😯
6. Is Igor ready?

———————-Ferguson———————
I'd probably go with JPVH instead of Igor and give him the instructions to mark Isak and then Wilson like he and Colwill marked Haaland at the end of last season. Stick to them like glue and don't let them turn.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

6. Is Igor ready?

———————-Ferguson———————

Drop Solly? Nah.

Other than that it's about right. Only doubts are Dunk's partner and the midfield two.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Verbruggen
Veltman - Van Hecke - Dunk - Estupinan
Milner - Gilmour
March - Lallana/Gross* - Mitoma
Ferguson​

* Can't make up my mind!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd probably go with JPVH instead of Igor and give him the instructions to mark Isak and then Wilson like he and Colwill marked Haaland at the end of last season. Stick to them like glue and don't let them turn.
I thought that paring did excellently against City but wouldnt go as far to stay ‘’marked out of the game’’ ….Haaland set up their goal and Steele saved us on a couple of occasions from breaks by the same man.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

6. Is Igor ready?

———————-Ferguson———————
March has to play. The rest of the team is what I would select.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought that paring did excellently against City but wouldnt go as far to stay ‘’marked out of the game’’ ….Haaland set up their goal and Steele saved us on a couple of occasions from breaks by the same man.
You are never going to mark someone out of the game totally, especially a player like Haaland, but the tactic worked great as it massively reduced the chances he had. His influence on the game was effected by the fact he spent most of the game with his back to goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
double pivot of groß and gilmour will get eaten alive
What alternatives do we have? No enforcers unless we risk Baleba. We are so lightweight in midfield….but I rate Gilmour and Gross obviously

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
What alternatives do we have? No enforcers unless we risk Baleba. We are so lightweight in midfield….but I rate Gilmour and Gross obviously
wouldn’t say we do have many alternatives, and agree we’re incredibly lightweight, which is why i think signing just one ‘enforcer’, as you put it, was a mistake.

would maybe move milner into midfield, as he has a bit of ball-winning ability, but the question then is where does groß go, as a duo of him and milner is far too slow

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like RDZ might be forced by circumstances to start with (pre-Fati) what most of hs would regard as his most lethal strikeforce: João Pedro and Ferguson. Hurrah!

Sep 2, 2023
Looks like Joelinton may be out for them (knee injury) this might help us a lotas he is a dirty fouler and would be constantly breaking up our rhytham with tactical fouls. This may allow us more control in midfield. I think veltman has to play to risky having milner(possibly our slowest player) against gordon (probably their fastest player).

I dont understand the goalkeeper situation and dont like it. I dont understand the benefit of rotating them. why not just start Steele(who has experience and is proven at this level) in all premier league games then verbruggen gets cup games and at least Europa group games. If verbruggen is sensational in those games or Steele is very bad then change it.

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
1693655605904.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here