Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team For Newcastle

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
False 9 again for me Clive

We should be deploying this with greater interchanging to break down those that park the bus

Potter split their defence last time by playing Welbeck & Maupay as wingers, it created a nice big hole in the middle. He could try this again with Maupay and another?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Let’s not **** about at home. No false nothing.

We normally scan the barcodes and the cashier says win, win, WIN!

—————————Sanchez————————-
Lamptey——Webster—-Dunk——Cucurella
—————-Mwepu———-Bissouma————
——March————Lallana———Trossard—-
—————————Maupay—————————

Fullbacks have scant freedom in a flat four that would leave us exposed. Back 3 and 5 across the middle is the way forward.

Can’t play a false 9 against a dinosauric 4-4-2 so I’d actually have a front 3 of Lallana, Trossard and March but actually have Trossard as the CF so it’s still Maupay that misses out

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez
Veltman-Duffy-Dunk
Lamptey-Bissouma-Lallana-Cucurella
Mwepu-March
Trossard​

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fullbacks have scant freedom in a flat four that would leave us exposed. Back 3 and 5 across the middle is the way forward.

Can’t play a false 9 against a dinosauric 4-4-2 so I’d actually have a front 3 of Lallana, Trossard and March but actually have Trossard as the CF so it’s still Maupay that misses out

I disagree - I think a false nine against antediluvian centre backs like Newcastle's could be very effective.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
————————-Sanchez
————Veltman - Dunk - Webster
Lamptey - Bissouma - Lallana - Cucurella
——————-Mwepu - March
————————-Trossard

This should be the team, although will he start Lamptey? He's got to start sometime but I wonder if he will still be protected. If he doesn't start then move Veltman over to RWB and in comes Duffy.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What we need is 6 or 7 injuries to key players.

That's the only thing which will make selecting a side remotely possible, for the likes of me.

I've changed my mind about 6 times, and the way I see it, we have about 13 who must start and another 6 who should be on the pitch at some point.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Potter split their defence last time by playing Welbeck & Maupay as wingers, it created a nice big hole in the middle. He could try this again with Maupay and another?

You’re right, remember that from the last game. Could be a case for Newcastle being prepared this time. Could end up with a reverse with Cucurella and Lamptey ending up as a central strike force

Who knows, which is the advantage I guess

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Let’s not **** about at home. No false nothing.

We normally scan the barcodes and the cashier says win, win, WIN!

—————————Sanchez————————-
Lamptey——Webster—-Dunk——Cucurella
—————-Mwepu———-Bissouma————
——March————Lallana———Trossard—-
—————————Maupay—————————

As exciting as this would be to watch, it would probably mean we were losing. Better to start with Veltnam in a back three and put Maupay on the bench.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
————————-Sanchez
————Veltman - Dunk - Webster
Lamptey - Bissouma - Lallana - Cucurella
——————-Mwepu - March
————————-Trossard

Loving your work. Yep, the false 9 worked a treat vs Liverpool with space created in behind, and with the option of starting Lamptey and Cucurella matching up against Newcastle's 3-5-2 it could be one hell of a match.

Maupay has not been in good form, but Trossard has been electric, so give him that central position where he can wreak havoc and surround him with runners and support players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont think Lamptey will start, dont think Duffy will be put on the bench and I think Maupay is going to start.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Screenshot_20211103-190325.jpg

Harsh to drop Mwepu but think we need to be on the front foot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here