Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Marseille?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ferguson has not looked fit the last few games , looked a bit lethargic and everything was hard work like.

Totally agree about Gilmour (and should be taking the corners)

Not sure I like the van hecke/lamptey pairing but i would assume Dunk would play that side.

I would put another player in midfield (pervis or Igor ) in front of back four to steel things up

like the idea about Mitoma but I alsways prefer subs to have a bit more time ...30 mins for me.

Curve ball - we have a young Irish striker in the U21s who seems to be scoring regularly......
Too bloody right he would! Dunk plays on the right if we have a 'proper' LCB, like Colwill or Igor playing. Otherwise, with Webster, JPVH or Veltman, he plays on the left - he is the one who is capable of playing either side. I can't believe so many people are suddenly deciding to put JPVH on the left!

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
That's going well as well
Yup…. Who knows how it pans out game to game? All the teams play domestic league and European games.
How each team fares is down to a whole bunch of variables. Each team makes calls on who will play based on stats/ data/ mentality we fans don’t have access to.
We merely watch from the sidelines with no clue, hoping they do well each game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ferguson has not looked fit the last few games , looked a bit lethargic and everything was hard work like.

Totally agree about Gilmour (and should be taking the corners)

Not sure I like the van hecke/lamptey pairing but i would assume Dunk would play that side.

I would put another player in midfield (pervis or Igor ) in front of back four to steel things up

like the idea about Mitoma but I alsways prefer subs to have a bit more time ...30 mins for me.

Curve ball - we have a young Irish striker in the U21s who seems to be scoring regularly......
Ferguson just can’t play with Welbeck why RDz keeps trying is some what baffling.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
No concern for Man Utd manager about tiredness as fielding same eleven as Saturday

This plus Arsenal only 2 changes, they also have PL games this weekend.
Can only think it’s a mentality thing RDZ thinks we have

I feel like their performances sort of justify what RDZ is doing tbh watched a bit of both games and Man U looked ok but maybe a little off it, Arsenal look knackered already and Saka looks run into the ground (and injured) and it’s only October.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Verbruggen; Veltman, JPvH, Dunk, Pervis; Baleba, Dahoud; Adingra, Gross/Lallana, Mitoma; Welbeck

With JP, Fati, Ferguson & March coming off the bench in the second half - feels pretty strong

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Too hard to pick.

It seems we’re making too many changes to the team but most are enforced by injury. The Pascal shaped hole in the squad is clear for everyone to see.

At this point, I think only Gilmour and Groß are at the right level to play De Zerbiball. Dahoud needs a few weeks/months and Baleba clearly needs a few months/years but what can we do?

I’d rest Gilmour and hope that Dahoud clicks. Baleba won against Marseille earlier this year - hopefully that helps if he is picked:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
------------- Verbruggen -------------
Veltman -- Webster -- Dunk -- Pervis
--------- Gilmour ---- Gross ----------
March --------- Pedro -------- Mitoma
--------------- Welbeck ----------------

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I would freshen up the left side and rest Pervis and Mitoma. Want Mitoma fully fit for TAA and Gomez on Sunday! Also like to see Ferguson start on the bench for the next couple of games and be an option to bring on. Would go with Dahoud for his European experience and Baleba’s physicality in centre midfield plus he’s used to playing in France! Think Pedro, Adingra and Fati deserve to start together:

———————Bart
Veltman - Dunk - Igor - Lamptey
————Dahoud - Baleba
—March - Joao Pedro - Adingra
———————Fati
I agree with your thinking. It’s what I’d go for too. Maybe Pedro as a CF and Fati as the No 10 for me, but they can rotate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
------------- Verbruggen -------------
Veltman -- Webster -- Dunk -- Pervis
--------- Gilmour ---- Gross ----------
March --------- Pedro -------- Mitoma
--------------- Welbeck ----------------
Looked at that and thought; ‘Groß…..sadly too soon.’

But then I watched the club’s showreel on pre-Marseilles training. There was Groß and Moder. 😍

Also - Baleba & Adingra are clearly besties. Nice to see.

Would like to see less rotation in defensive 6 positions to build up fluency and partnerships

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here