Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Liverpool?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It will be fascinating to see how we cope on Sunday. The whole experience of Marseille must have been so, so physically and mentally exhausting. I’m completely knackered and I was just watching!! I’m not expecting much, tbh.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think it'll be:

Verbruggen

Veltman
Dunk
Van Hecke
Lamptey

Baleba
Gilmour
Joao Pedro

March
Ferguson
Adingra
I would like home to keep a settled back 4 or at least centre halves the same.
Assuming no ill effects from Thursday, Gross will play. I guess that means either swapping out one of Fergie or Pedro from your team, or possibly Veltman

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It will be fascinating to see how we cope on Sunday. The whole experience of Marseille must have been so, so physically and mentally exhausting. I’m completely knackered and I was just watching!! I’m not expecting much, tbh.
Liverpool had a relatively easy home game with around 9 changes and a gifted 1st goal from USG’s keeper in comparison.

I’m expecting a comfortable Liverpool win also and won’t be depressed or disappointed as long as we don’t see another Villa score line.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
Exactly. All the players have individual ‘load thresholds’ (point at which injury/burn out etc becomes more likely)….if Mitoma was close to whatever his is, he wouldn’t be playing as much. May he does a lot less in training than some other players to compensate for example.

Hope we are not suggesting RDZ is fine with players' quantity on the pitch rather than quality. I still think overusing particular players until they go down with injury is unwise, especially when there are alternatives who, with change in tactics perhaps, can be rotated. Apart from the fact that our opponents have now figured out how to win against RDZ's team, it's about time that he came up with an alternative strategy/system, or/and different formation to fit other players in, instead of insisting on his system and relying on a couple of out-of-condition-players. In addition, Mitoma will not play in Jan. probably until early Feb. due to his national commitment for the Asian Cup. RDZ's got to find the different way to win matches without him and others like Adingra & Lamptey who, I assume, will also be away due to the Africa Cup.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Surprised how many are starting Ferguson, looked way off it since Newcastle and that injury. Personally I hope he gets a rest today and over the international break.
Ferguson was rubbish pre season. And rubbish every game this season apart from castle.

An interesting one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here