Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Liverpool?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm losing track of who's injured. Haven't seen Lallana or Milner for a while.

Mitoma and Lamptey both played the full 90 last night I think? Doubt they can do another 90 each at the weekend.

Gross only just back from injury too played the full 90 I think?

I'm sure Ferguson and Jao Pedro will start. Maybe Fati on the left as he didn't play the full game.

I'd like to see JPV and Dunk start again to get a bit of stability going. Same for Steele. I think if we want to stop shipping goals for fun we need to start stabilisation at the back.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Gross, March (still being eased back in) and Welbeck and maybe Mitoma will likely not play the full 90 - Milner still recovering along with Lallana and Pervis still out and obviously Moder and Ensico.

No reason Dunk shouldn't start but we aren’t going to avoid rotation this weekend - it is what it is.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
—————————— Bart ————————
Veltman —— Webster —— Dunk —- Lamptey
——— Gross ——————-Gilmour ————
Adingra ———— Pedro ————- Mitoma
———————- Ferguson ————————

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Pedro has to start.

——————-Bart
Veltman - Dunk - Igor - Lamptey
————Gross - Baleba
-Adingra - Joao Pedro - Mitoma
——————-Fati

Has to be one of Ferguson or Welbeck with one of Pedro or Fati, surely? Other than that don’t really disagree, although I’d imagine JPVH will play.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Bart
Veltman
Webster
Dunk
Lamptey
Gilmour
Baleba
March
Gross
Pedro
Ferguson

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mitoma needs a break. Yes, he made our first goal last night but I thought he was poor against Villa and for most of the Marseilles game because he looks burned out.

———————-Verbruggen——————-
Veltman——-Van Hecke—Webster——-Igor
—————Groß—————-Gilmour———-
Buonanotte———-Pedro———--—-Adingra
———————---Ferguson———————-

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Welbeck must start. Im.not so sure changing GK all time is helpful and for this match I wouldnt make the change.

Mont-Colt65

Sep 18, 2023
Mitoma needs a break. Yes, he made our first goal last night but I thought he was poor against Villa and for most of the Marseilles game because he looks burned out.

———————-Verbruggen——————-
Veltman——-Van Hecke—Webster——-Igor
—————Groß—————-Gilmour———-
Buonanotte———-Pedro———--—-Adingra
———————---Ferguson———————-

In a way it's disgusting how RDZ overuses Mitoma. He has played more minutes so far this season than Saka and Bruno. (Mitoma: 815mins, Bruno: 810mins, Saka: 808mins, Estupinan: 676mins, Gross: 620mins). We have a plenty of AM options on the left side now, but RDZ still plays Mitoma for 90 mins most of the matches, including a cup match. What's up with RDZ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hoping to see Baleba and Adringa start

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In a way it's disgusting how RDZ overuses Mitoma. He has played more minutes so far this season than Saka and Bruno. (Mitoma: 815mins, Bruno: 810mins, Saka: 808mins, Estupinan: 676mins, Gross: 620mins). We have a plenty of AM options on the left side now, but RDZ still plays Mitoma for 90 mins most of the matches, including a cup match. What's up with RDZ?
I’m sure RDZ is fully updated on Mitoma’s fitness levels by his staff before every match just like any other player. They wear the under vests for a reason. He really only had one opportunity on the by line Thursday where he is most dangerous and set up Gross for the goal.. I do think some our unrealistically disappointed if he’s not tearing it up for 90 minutes which no player ever does and bizarrely have started blaming it on fatigue. March hasn’t really done anything of note since Wolves away is he also fatigued? Mitoma if fit has to play he’s our best and most consistent attacking option.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m sure RDZ is fully updated on Mitoma’s fitness levels by his staff before every match just like any other player. They wear the under vests for a reason. He really only had one opportunity on the by line Thursday where he is most dangerous and set up Gross for the goal.. I do think some our unrealistically disappointed if he’s not tearing it up for 90 minutes which no player ever does and bizarrely have started blaming it on fatigue. March hasn’t really done anything of note since Wolves away is he also fatigued? Mitoma if fit has to play he’s our best and most consistent attacking option.
Exactly. All the players have individual ‘load thresholds’ (point at which injury/burn out etc becomes more likely)….if Mitoma was close to whatever his is, he wouldn’t be playing as much. May he does a lot less in training than some other players to compensate for example.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Assuming Dunk is out

Bart
Veltman JPVH Webster Lamptey
Gilmour Gross
Pedro
March Ferguson Mitoma

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
----------- Verbruggen
Veltman - Dunk - Igor - Lamptey
------------ Baleba
----- Gross ------- Gilmour
-- March - Joao Pedro - Ansu Fati

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think ‘disgusting’ is an odd adjective to come out with and certainly not relevant here.

The club, the manager, the squad and individual players are having to cope with the reality of two games per week, most weeks.

We really struggled with this at the end of last season when we had a fixture pile-up and we are still finding it a massive challenge.

RDZ will get there but you only have to go back to Burnley’s first European jaunt to see how tough it is for a club to get used to the new challenges.

I believe that RDZ is fundamentally, a one match a week manager. This is because the level of ‘drills’ and ‘details’ for a specific match he needs his team to do is probably going to take at least 4 days. That’s why we could hammer teams like Liverpool and Arsenal last season. He has to adapt and he will, but it’ll take time.

If we get out of our Europa group and if we then qualify for Europe again, this season will have been an astonishing success, especially as we sold our amazing central midfield during the summer.

Fans need to give the manager and team time to adjust rather than giving them abuse. Lots of mistakes will be made but we will eventually get that ‘big club’ mentality and will be able to cope with two games a week (and a lot of travelling) regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here