Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Liverpool

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Liverpool will be knackered by Sat after their mid week adventures BUT a draw would be a great result

A professional athlete plays football for 90 minutes, and can't recover in three days ? ?

I think we'll get something on merit, not because Liverpool are a 'bit tired' if they are, then its their own fault. That's what a squads for.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Burn and Webster were shockingly awful against Villa, both will get absolutely destroyed, owned and beasted by Liverpool.

Typically annoying that Lamps and La La are both out and likely out. 2 best players this season by a mile. Liverpool are vulnerable and if we'd been full strength, they played poorly and we played brilliantly etc then we might just might pull off a shock result. However, I simply cannot see now after this weekends games. We're going to get battered in all likelihood given our porous defence and Liverpool's home record. We must summon the 'eighties' gods and a strong southerly wind! :down:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Typically annoying that Lamps and La La are both out and likely out. 2 best players this season by a mile. Liverpool are vulnerable and if we'd been full strength, they played poorly and we played brilliantly etc then we might just might pull off a shock result. However, I simply cannot see now after this weekends games. We're going to get battered in all likelihood given our porous defence and Liverpool's home record. We must summon the 'eighties' gods and a strong southerly wind! :down:

Will the Argentine fella Gary McMacAllister be covid free?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
why people want to pick Benardo is beyond me

4nj2j2.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Burn and Webster were shockingly awful against Villa, both will get absolutely destroyed, owned and beasted by Liverpool.

Burn was on the field for about seven minutes and I can't remember doing anything particularly poor. Have you got it in for him?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
———————Sanchez—————
Veltman-—-White—--Dunk——Burn
————————————————
AJ—Lallana/Groß—Bissouma-March
————————————————-
———Connolly—Welbeck—————

Subs
Ryan
Webster
Yapi
Molumby
Groß/Pröpper
Maupay
Trossard

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd say that looks like a very decent subs bench to me. Could have added Alzate and Zeqiri as well.

Yup. I completely forgot about Alzate. He'd easily make my subs bench, and I'd almost like him to start instead of Gross -- but I can't see Potter making too many changes from the Villa line-up (apart from Lamptey's absence).
Two things on the game. Liverpool played last night, and have a CL game on Wednesday, and then us Saturday lunch time. Klopp is whingeing about this -- justifiably so, in my view. Second, just like the post-lockdown game, they will press us high up the pitch. We were two down within eight minutes and, however knackered their players are, I'd be amazed if they didn't deploy such an approach again. If we play out from the back, we'll have to be right on it.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
After finishing Saturday with 5 out of our 9 outfield players centre backs, I’m going for a few recalls from loans to allow us to line up as:
Ryan

Veltman
Burn
White
Dunk
Webster
Clark
Roberts
Duffy

Maupay
Welbeck

8-0-2

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yup. I completely forgot about Alzate. He'd easily make my subs bench, and I'd almost like him to start instead of Gross -- but I can't see Potter making too many changes from the Villa line-up (apart from Lamptey's absence).
Two things on the game. Liverpool played last night, and have a CL game on Wednesday, and then us Saturday lunch time. Klopp is whingeing about this -- justifiably so, in my view. Second, just like the post-lockdown game, they will press us high up the pitch. We were two down within eight minutes and, however knackered their players are, I'd be amazed if they didn't deploy such an approach again. If we play out from the back, we'll have to be right on it.

One of the best things about Welbeck on Saturday is that it meant we could mix it up, we went longer more often and moved the ball a lot faster in the final third. He is what we’ve needed for 18 months.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One of the best things about Welbeck on Saturday is that it meant we could mix it up, we went longer more often and moved the ball a lot faster in the final third. He is what we’ve needed for 18 months.

Yes, agreed. His pace, strength, height, movement constitutes a great package, let's hope he can demonstrate a decent level of composure in front of goal too. The likes of Lallana can thread balls through to him (as on Saturday), or we can go longer over the top, which means that it sows doubt in the opposition about pushing higher up the pitch to compress the space.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here