Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Liverpool

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
By the looks of this thread, we'll have trouble filling our bench, although I can give it a go:

Ryan
White
Dunk
Webster
Veltman
Bissouma
Gross
March
Lallana
Welbeck
Maupay

Subs: Sanchez, Burn, Bernardo, Molumby, Propper, Jahanbakhsh, Connolly
(and that's assuming that Mac Allister, Trossard and Izquierdo are all unavailable)

I'd say that looks like a very decent subs bench to me. Could have added Alzate and Zeqiri as well.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Lamptey replaced by Veltman and maybe Trossard for Gross if available. Liverpool are beatable.

Leicester thought exactly the same last night and REALLY fancied it. We will have to have the same luck as Villa had against the scousers and the polar opposite to the luck we had against United. Unfortunately, Liverpool are still smarting from getting hammered by Sock Boy & co. Huge ask to get anything from the Champions, especially when Salah is back in the mix too.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
For about our last 6 fixtures against Liverpool we've been close to them without getting anything, (contrast that with out games against City).

This time could be different. We're getting quietly stronger, they have a few problems.

If the fixture was played 10 times, we'd win 2 and draw 3 I reckon.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Leicester thought exactly the same last night and REALLY fancied it. We will have to have the same luck as Villa had against the scousers and the polar opposite to the luck we had against United. Unfortunately, Liverpool are still smarting from getting hammered by Sock Boy & co. Huge ask to get anything from the Champions, especially when Salah is back in the mix too.

We need to be quietly confident. Liverpool won't keep winning with this injury crisis. It's just a matter of time before they drop points.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Veltman-Webster-Dunk
Alzate-White-Bissouma-March
Lallana
Maupay-Welbeck​

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Ryan
Veltman Dunk Webster Burn
Bissouma White
Alzate Lallana March
Welbeck

Steele, Bernardo, Gross, Molumby, Jahanbakhsh, Maupay, Connolly

Alzate and March to be able to drop back to the wing back positions if need be, covering Veltman and Burn. Maybe quite a defensive lineup but with enough talent to get them on the counter.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I too think a back 4 is the way to go but we don’t have a natural left back besides Bernardo who is woefully out of form right now. I know Burn played there a lot last season but I think he’d get skinned by Salah or Jota. So I’d stick with the team that started at Villa with Alzate slotting in for Lamptey.

Ryan
White Dunk Webster
Alzate Gross Bissouma Lallana March
Wellbeck Maupay

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I too think a back 4 is the way to go but we don’t have a natural left back besides Bernardo who is woefully out of form right now. I know Burn played there a lot last season but I think he’d get skinned by Salah or Jota. So I’d stick with the team that started at Villa with Alzate slotting in for Lamptey.

Ryan
White Dunk Webster
Alzate Gross Bissouma Lallana March
Wellbeck Maupay

Webster, on the left of defence will get shredded by Salah, he was shocking against VIlla!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would try and keep the team settled as much as possible;

Ryan
Veltman
White
Dunk
Webster
March
Bissouma
Gross
Lallana (Alzate, if Lallana isn't available)
Trossard (Maupay, it Trossard isn't ready to start)
Welbeck

Steele; Bernardo; Jahanbakhsh, Molumby, Lallana/Alzate; Trossard/Maupay, Connolly

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Maupay and Welbeck were developing a good understanding against Villa. It wasnt perfect but they need more time together. One of the key success factors for any team is a striker combination that works.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Liverpool will be knackered by Sat after their mid week adventures BUT a draw would be a great result

Last edited:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

All very true but I think defensively they can be got at. If a full strength Liverpool side can get beat 7-2 by Villa with a strong team and solid game plan there's no reason we can't get anything from the game. Obviously they are still huge favourites but as long as we don't concede immediately after kick off like we always do against them then we have a reasonable chance to get at them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here