Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Lincoln?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
who knows. Hunt may be gone by sat. But if here I am sure will start. why would you not?
Because Tomori has been brought in for the rest of the season, as Chris must think he's better than Hunt, and if he's here for the promotion push, surely we want to give him some game time with the team in a game that can't cost us points.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Say we get through and then land a major draw in the fifth round. Do we still field a weakened side ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Because Tomori has been brought in for the rest of the season, as Chris must think he's better than Hunt, and if he's here for the promotion push, surely we want to give him some game time with the team in a game that can't cost us points.

No he hasn't. Tomori has been drafted in so Hunt can go out, play more games, while leaving us with sufficient cover at right-back.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
---------------------- Maenpaa -----------------------
Hunt --- Goldson --- Hunemeier --- Adekugbe
Rosenior ----- Sidwell ------- Kayal ----- Skalak
----------------- Towell ---------------------------------
---------------------- Hemed ---------------------------

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No he hasn't. Tomori has been drafted in so Hunt can go out, play more games, while leaving us with sufficient cover at right-back.
Nah. We're trying to get promoted, there's no way we'd bring in a player less good than one we're loaning out. That would be ridiculous.

And for the last 2 games we've played a central defender at right back, because Chris doesn't think Hunt is good/ready enough yet.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
William H. Seward, Salmon P. Chase, Simon Cameron, Edward Bates, Montgomery Blair, Gideon Welles and Caleb B. Smith.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nah. We're trying to get promoted, there's no way we'd bring in a player less good than one we're loaning out. That would be ridiculous.

And for the last 2 games we've played a central defender at right back, because Chris doesn't think Hunt is good/ready enough yet.

You haven't persuaded me. The squad is being used, for the future. Hence KLL, Manu out, hopefully Ince and Hunt out. The first three are to attract sell-on fees, the last for experience.
Tomori is first-and-foremost a right back. He's got Bruno, Rosenior and Goldson in front of him.
There's a reason why CH plays Goldson in front of Hunt at right-back. He's got loads more league and Championship experience, including playing at right-back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You haven't persuaded me. The squad is being used, for the future. Hence KLL, Manu out, hopefully Ince and Hunt out. The first three are to attract sell-on fees, the last for experience.
The key point with all of those is that they can't currently get in our first team.

Tomori is first-and-foremost a right back. He's got Bruno, Rosenior and Goldson in front of him.
I find that very hard to believe. If he had 3 people ahead of him, there'd be no point bringing him in and Chelsea wouldn't want him here with basically no chance of a game.

There's a reason why CH plays Goldson in front of Hunt at right-back. He's got loads more league and Championship experience, including playing at right-back.
We're the only Championship club he's played for and he's a centre back. Tomori is a right back and has played more Premier League football for Chelsea than Hunt has played Championship football. The idea that Hunt is better is madness.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hunt will be out on loan by the weekend I expect so the new lad will play right back. Rosenior's quite up and down.

Murray may well play.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
---------------------- Maenpaa -----------------------
Hunt --- Goldson --- Hunemeier --- Adekugbe
Rosenior ----- Sidwell ------- Kayal ----- Skalak
----------------- Towell ---------------------------------
---------------------- Hemed ---------------------------

Agreed, apart from Tomori at right back

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lots of comments, and then this. Are you claiming that I've said that Hunt is better than someone? Presumably you mean Tomori
I'm suggesting the Tomori is better than Hunt at the moment, and that's why we've brought him in. Reading your post about Tomori coming in just so that Hunt could go and play more games, I posted that we wouldn't bring in a player less good etc. If you were agreeing with me, you didn't show it, as you just continued to disagree.

but, as you're making things up, it could be anyone
What am I supposed to have made up?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Maenpaa
Hunt/Tomori
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe
March
Sidwell
Norwood
Skalak
Towell
Hemed

Ankergren
Hunt/Tomori
White
Kayal
Murphy
Bjordal
Cardwell/Connolly

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The key point with all of those is that they can't currently get in our first team.

I find that very hard to believe. If he had 3 people ahead of him, there'd be no point bringing him in and Chelsea wouldn't want him here with basically no chance of a game.

We're the only Championship club he's played for and he's a centre back. Tomori is a right back and has played more Premier League football for Chelsea than Hunt has played Championship football. The idea that Hunt is better is madness.

Pedantic but Tomori is a centre back who has filled in at right back - https://audioboom.com/posts/5531401-new-albion-signing-fikayo-tomori-discusses-his-move-to-the-club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here