Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Leicester

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't disagree with what your saying, in a "normal" game that is exactly what I would like to see. However 1 point is not an option this weekend, need to try and take control from the very start...

Eh? A point would keep us a minimum of 2 points clear in the play offs, with only 5 games to go. The most important thing is that we don't lose, so Leicester don't make up any ground on us. Obviously a win would be better, but we need to set up to ensure we don't lose.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Pearson is a decent manager but he has some flaws that other teams have found out. He never changes his tactics regardless of what happens in th game, plays people out of position and has no plan B. His worst fault is that if a player disagrees with him they are out of th team instantly and don't return.
Don't get me wrong our players have been awful and are equally responsible.

Not a fan of this culture which says blame the manager. Speaking of both Gus and Pearson, I think they put out a team which they feel should be winning most of the games. Sometimes individual mistakes at both end cost the game and manager gets the blame. Players shouldn't be disagreeing with the manager, players should go out and put their efforts into doing what the manager wants them to do. Clearly Pearson and Gus know the winning formula's as Leicester have recorded many impressive wins and the same goes to Brighton. Players should focus on playing.
Will be a good game, hope the Leicester slump continues.

Jimmy Grimble

Whoever starts (if not both) out of Lua Lua or Buckley must get at Konchesky from the off. Shit player and a weak point of the Leicester side. Hope he gets shown up.

Agree with this. Whenever I've seen him recently he has looked poor. Buckley should be able to tear him a new one.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Playing Hammond/Crofts and Bridcutt together is NOT defensive. We need to pick the best option to keep the ball. If that means playing those 2 together against a promotion rival, so be it. I do like the Bridcutt, Dave, Orlandi combination though.

We didn't create that many chances the other night playing with 2 wingers, so I would only play Lua Lua if he has spent the last 2 days learning how to cross a ball with accuracy ala Spanish Dave, Vicente and Orlandi.

It's a tricky one. Nice problem to have though.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I think he's been poor the last 4 or 5 games he's played. Calde has been solid. Should keep his place regardless.

I dont disagree but I wouldn't say he has been poor and he has been carrying the injury for several games. Calde has been solid but I think Bruno links up better with Buckley and Buckley gets more of the ball and more space.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak
Calderon
Greer
Upson
Bridge
Lopez
Bridcutt
Hammond
Orlandi
Buckley
Ulloa

subs

Ankergren
Painter
Dunk
Dicker
Vicente
LuaLua
Barker

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leicester need to win but how they go about it remains to be seen. Will they come all guns blazing or adopt Middlesbrough tactics and put up a defensive wall and hope to nick one on the break?

On balance I think I'd make one change from Tuesday and swap Orlandi for Lua Lua, but keep him on the left.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Will Gus be a bit more cagey for this one I wonder?

Kuszczak

Calderon~Matthew Upson~Greer~Wayne Bridge

Hammond~Bridcutt

Buckley~Spanish Dave~Orlandi

Spanish Len​

Subs: Ankergren, Vicente, Lualua, El-Abd, Bruno, Crofts, Your Mum.

:bhasign:

I'd go with this too. I like Lua Lua and Vicente as impact subs.

My only change from the above would be Toby or Barker on the bench instead of my mum. She hasn't been training well of late and has lost a yard of pace since her knee replacement op. She still knows where the goal is though, so might be OK for the last 5 mins if we're lumping it into the mixer to get a winner...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd go with this too. I like Lua Lua and Vicente as impact subs.

My only change from the above would be Toby or Barker on the bench instead of my mum. She hasn't been training well of late and has lost a yard of pace since her knee replacement op. She still knows where the goal is though, so might be OK for the last 5 mins if we're lumping it into the mixer to get a winner...
Is you mum Kevin Phillips?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone think Lua Lua deserves to keep his place ..his end product might hav been better..but I thought he put a decent shift in on Tuesday and looked more inventive than Buckers ..just a view

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Anyone think Lua Lua deserves to keep his place ..his end product might hav been better..but I thought he put a decent shift in on Tuesday and looked more inventive than Buckers ..just a view

He certainly had the beating of his man but it was one of those days that he has sometimes where most of his shots or crosses were wayward or easily blocked. I would start him again though as the only way he'll ever get consistency in his game is by playing regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here