[Albion] Team for Leicester (fa cup)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'd like to see more of Khadra and Tau and definitely ready to meet Moder and Karbownik!

Those four are exactly the four I want to see more of. Pick of the bunch? Karbownik. If he lives up to his show reel, we've got a real gem.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Some players would surely benefit from a rest and we don't want to take a 6-0 tonking to interrupt our current run. With that in mind, I have no idea of the team for Leicester :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Typical, it seems that Vardy is back for Leicester

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
——————Walton
Alzate - Veltman - Dunk - White - Karbownik
—— Moder - Mac Allister
Connolly ——- Welbeck —— Zequiri

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if you play a weak team and get turned over it can set you back.

I'd go strong team and try to win a trophy.

Zequiri and Tau bound to heavily feature which will be interesting as neither look anywhere near the level required yet.

Looking forward to this game. 1/4 finals be brilliant

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
All this talk about players needing a rest. After Saturday v Villa - there is no match for 9 days.
They'll cope.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All this talk about players needing a rest. After Saturday v Villa - there is no match for 9 days.
They'll cope.

It's whether the priority will be the cup game or the Villa game.

We both know the answer

Anyone who saw the second half of the Burnley game will have seen pretty conclusively that there are 4 or 5 who look like they need a couple of midweeks off

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's whether the priority will be the cup game or the Villa game.

We both know the answer

Anyone who saw the second half of the Burnley game will have seen pretty conclusively that there are 4 or 5 who look like they need a couple of midweeks off

Indeed, we need a new midfield for the Cup game.

The players that looked the most knackered were:

Biss
Groß
Webbo
Burn
Maupay
Tross

Hopefully Lallana & Welbeck are fit enough to start tomorrow.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Sanchez
Veltman-White-Burn
Alzate-Jenks-Moder-Karbownik
Khadra-Welbeck-Tau​

I'd be tempted to put Zeqiri in for a start instead of Welbeck, or maybe Connolly. Depends who needs the game time the most for sharpness & also who needs rest or if Welbeck is ready to start after his injury.

No Dunk or Webster leaves a big hole, but I reckon they need a break (White can cope better being a youngster :))

I haven't seen the latest on Propper - if fit, I'd start him instead of Jenks.

I would go with that line up. We need to protect Dunk

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
They'll cope.

It's not just about them being tired and being able to 'cope'... risk of injury is greater when they are fatigued. That 9 day rest will be no good for a torn hamstring or popped knee!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its going to be freezing again tomorrow night, so not sure if Wellbeck and Lallana should start with their injury issues.
I would like to see a strong line up though, as the team is surely more points above the bottom 3 than the last 3 years, so I'm not too worried about the possibility of relegation.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
On a vaguely predictive note, Ulloa reckons were loose tomorrow.

"Brighton try to change like Leicester, but more slowly. They have similar philosophies. They need more time than Leicester. But both clubs are so good. Leicester will win the game 1-0.

I remember coming to Brighton because I was playing for Almeria in Spain and with plenty of degrees in January. I landed and there was snow and not too many degrees. I was training in Spain with sun every day but in Brighton it was cold. I remember after the first day of training I go to the training room and I could not feel my feet. I asked the other [overseas] players, how can you play with this because for me it is impossible to pass the ball or shoot. I feel pain in my feet.

They said it was a good idea to play in England. Always I watched English football and thought I had to play there but after a week I start to think, 'I don't think it was a good idea to play here'. But after one month I was so, so happy. I wore hot cream and it was ok."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...t-i-miss-brighton-and-leicester-now-3t3c77plh

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't try and play 'Billy big bollocks' with OGS, his job is on the line, yours isn't.

Let the kids have a run out tomorrow, you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports