Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Fulham

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Disagree - Firstly Villa didn't spoil the game they pressed and if anything looked more likely to get a winner than we did....Villa are a bigger club than Fulham (Fact) and in terms of better (that's opinion) and I am inclined to agree as I love the cottage and think there fans are down to earth.

But to suggest and I quote "in short Fulham are a better team than Villa" I disagree, put it this way if we had to play one of them in a one of fixture to ensure promotion to the premier league say in the play off final you would pick Fulham every day of the week....

A trip up to Fulham on the last day of the season seems a more attractive bet than Villa Park. But Villa Park is bigger ground as demand might be high. Have ever won at Villa Park? Not against Villa.

Pressing team is a valid tactic, although I prefer selective pressing.

The tactics book wisdom says we should pass around a pressing team and make them chase shadows. I think against Villa the cramped our style by accident as we were too intent in avoiding getting caught in possession (forced to pass back). Dale Stephens tried to switch play and catch Villa off balance but nothing came off. We missed Kayal's running in midfield and we do not actually have a replacement for this (Towell?). Again Murphy might be a better bet than Skalak?

I think Fulham have tightened up their defence and improved their passing game, but not so dangerous in attack. But they still have Cairney. I think their relative positions in the table (compared to Villa) indicate Fulham will give us a scare. We might even need two goals to win?

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1085042

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just coming back from Hughton and Baldock's presser.

It's going to be a great weekend.

Am I reading into this a bit too much or was something exciting revealed at today's press conference.

I've read on Twitter that something has been 'embargoed' until 5pm, any truth?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Am I reading into this a bit too much or was something exciting revealed at today's press conference.

I've read on Twitter that something has been 'embargoed' until 5pm, any truth?

FFS don't encourage him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here