Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Fulham Home

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The trouble with playing Ince and Forster-Caskey in the same team is they are both error prone (especially against Norwich) and the cumultative effect of both of them is not good for results. The positive effect in the medium to long term the playing time helps with experience and should improve both players. Gardner is just as young, but he makes less crucial mistakes.

There is an argument against this as the mistakes maybe caused by over-eagerness to move the ball forward when chasing the game. Bit of a quandary for Sami as there is very little to choose between the players. I would be inclined to include Rohan Ince as all skills being equal (are they?) he is a strong runner and tall and the best athlete.

So far, I prefer the more versatile Colunga to Baldock. I am not so how fast Colunga is as he wasn't fully fit when he started for us (it appeared to me). I like genuine sprint speed in Elliott Bennett, but I would also expect our third striker/winger to close down Scott Parker. What has happened to Toko. Could he make the bench? (The video made Toko look good at a pressing/tackling role.)

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Ince, Caskey and Gardner is working well and worth continuing with.

Fair comment. I was playing Devil's Advocate a bit. Maybe, we ought to play them to see how good they really are? They would be my choice if it was not for sloppy mistakes sometimes.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Actually probably agree with you and would put him in for Baldock in original line up

Back four/five is arguable picks itself. That's the midfield sorted. Front three has got to be Lualua, Bent and one other. Who? Colunga or Elliott Bennett? or do we put another midfielder in to counter Fulham's 4-4-2?

Holla is our best passer (stats say).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
.....................Stockdale......................
........................Dunk.........................
........................Holla.........................
E.Bennett.....Ince.....Kemy........Lualua
....March.....Colunga.....Baldock........
.......................Bent........................

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Stockdale
Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett J.
Ince
JFC
Bennett E.
KLL
Bent
Colunga

Recently Sami has played an attacking line up albeit with a slightly more conservative formation, which seems a good mix. We certainly frightened the socks off Norwich when pressing them. We cannot drop KLL or Colunga. I like the look of E.Bennett and KLL sitting behind Colunga and Bent. Plus with Bruno and J. Bennett looking to overlap we could have 6 players tripping over each over to get forward!

I'm not sure that Bent will have the stamina for 90 mins so expect Baldock to come off the bench at some point. 2-1 to the good guys.

paulfair

Feb 2, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett J.
Ince
JFC
Bennett E.
KLL
Bent
Colunga

Recently Sami has played an attacking line up albeit with a slightly more conservative formation, which seems a good mix. We certainly frightened the socks off Norwich when pressing them. We cannot drop KLL or Colunga. I like the look of E.Bennett and KLL sitting behind Colunga and Bent. Plus with Bruno and J. Bennett looking to overlap we could have 6 players tripping over each over to get forward!

I'm not sure that Bent will have the stamina for 90 mins so expect Baldock to come off the bench at some point. 2-1 to the good guys.

How can you pick JFC he was responsible for two of the goals at Norwich last week.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Stockdale

Bruno Dunk Greer Bennet

E Bennet Ince Holla

Kaz Bent Collunga

Kaz & Collunga swapping wings

Subs March....Tex....Walton...Baldock......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

i wouldnt start baldock or kemy

:down: Apart from that, though?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
How can you pick JFC he was responsible for two of the goals at Norwich last week.

I know what you mean but it seems that JFC is bullet proof in Sami's eyes. Gardner seems to have equal standing, so I've conceded that at least one of them will start. Toss a coin to decide.

IMO Ince deserves another start, having done ok last week. However in my line up one of them is sacrificed for Elliott Bennett. The only downside to this is whether Fulham have a more combative midfield and we don't want to get outgunned.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

' sake you will never get anywhere with an over cautious side like that! DUNK? I wouldn't be too sure about including Stockdale!!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Half agree with you there Mark. I wouldn't start with Kemy. Not sure about Kemy. Don't blame you for giving HKFC the thumbs down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Half agree with you there Mark. I wouldn't start with Kemy. Not sure about Kemy. Don't blame you for giving HKFC the thumbs down.

To be fair, I'd give myself a thumbs down if I could. I forgot PADDY, FFS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here