[Albion] Team for Crystal Palace

Red Squirrel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
1675774561908.png

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I just wonder if we'll carry on with the two striker formation we've been playing. If so then it's down to Evan's fitness (but I guess he'll be on the bench).

That leaves no space for Gross, which means he'll likely appear at right back.

Another possibility is Lallana is available and I think RDZ will look to get him in if so. We'll have an idea later in the week

The only other issue is then between Webby and Veltman. I think Joel will retain his place as Webby works his way back to fitness.

I think it will be something more like .....

----------Sanchez
Gross Veltman Dunk Estupinan
-----Caicedo MacAllister
March Undav Welbeck Mitoma

With March and Mitoma probably playing on average higher up than Undav and Welbeck

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Something like this?

Sanchez
Lamptey-Webster-Dunk-Estupinan
Mac Allister-Caicedo
March-Groß-Mitoma
Ferguson
Subs: Welbeck, Steele, Veltman, Gilmore, Enciso, Sarmiento, Van Hecke, Buonanotte, Undav
This except for Veltman in for Lamptey.

We’ve not got Maupay anymore, we need at least one shit house in the team for this one!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agree about Lampty. If Zaha Plays Veltman should play as has played him well in the past
I thought Lamptey did alright against Bournemouth perhaps bring him off for Veltman once we’re 4 up and want to shut up shop. Big balls.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Experience and maturity needed for such a banana skin.
Sanchez
Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Estupinan
Caicedo, Gross, MacAllister
March, Welbeck, Mitoma

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Experience and maturity needed for such a banana skin.
Sanchez
Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Estupinan
Caicedo, Gross, MacAllister
March, Welbeck, Mitoma
I think they’ll set up to contain and try and counter, they’ll regard a 0-0 as a good result. Veltman is a fabulous defender, completely reliable, solid, but will he have much defending to do against a low block with two amazing shields (in Caicedo and Mac Allister) in front of him. Let Lamptey play and get behind them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I just don’t fancy Webster right now. He looks way off to me. I’d like Veltman at CB.
Kind of agree. Historically Webby has been brilliant when he's had a run in the side and shaky when he's been working his way back in. We're bringing him back in the right way I think. Late in the match ballast.

Joel has just played and kept a clean sheet, so should be retained.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
Kind of agree. Historically Webby has been brilliant when he's had a run in the side and shaky when he's been working his way back in. We're bringing him back in the right way I think. Late in the match ballast.

Joel has just played and kept a clean sheet, so should be retained.
We also need some steel, and I like Webster but for such a big lad he comes off (and this is just personal opinion) as a bit of a soft touch - sometimes. Don’t jump on me!

I think in this kind of game I’d rather a Veltman than a Webster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here